Reserved matters

Olly P

We are about to submit our "reserved matters" application  which consists of design, appearance, layout etc. 

Outline Planning was approved in April and the access approved as a discharge of condition in August.

Does anyone have experience with a reserved matters application? I'm wondering if a site notice will be put up and neighbours/parish council consulted as I didn't enjoy all the objections one bit when going through outline planning. 

A reserved matters application is in effect another planning application with the same notifications and same window for people to raise objections.  The only real difference is the principle that you can build has been agreed, so this is just to make sure the details are acceptable.

Often with an outline application they try and influence your design, e.g. because our outline application said nothing about the roof material, they stuck in the condition it must be a slate roof.  I did get that overturned by discussion with the planners and we agreed on a concrete tile that looked a bit like slate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply 

The attached conditions of the outline planning approval stated the approximate position, single or 1.5 storey dwelling, the materials and some other details which we have complied with in our design along with consultation with the planning officer. I'm pretty confident it will be granted but I will attend the parish council meeting to explain the design and materials to try and avoid any objection from them 

5 hours ago, Sensus said:

Two main points to bear in mind:

1) Because the principle is established, any NIMBYs and BANANAs who try to revisit the fundamental principles of the development are wasting their time: such objections cannot be considered.

2) The Local Authority legally cannot introduce any further planning constraints (eg. Conditions) that fall outside the scope of the original consent.

If either is tried, get a Planning Consultant involved (do not try to argue planning legalities yourself - you'll most likely make an awful tit of yourself).

This is good to hear thank you ?? I had 34 (!) Objections with the outline planning application and I don't want that all to be dragged up again! I used a planning consultant during outline planning so I would use her again if I come across problems.