Manifold of manifolds

Pocster

18 minutes ago, redtop said:

there must be a good opportunity for a really good plumber to provide a design service, or is this already available?

He exists on this very forum, just say his name three times! 

39 minutes ago, redtop said:

beetleplumb beetleplumb bettleplumb

Suddchwilod, Suddchwilod, Suddchwilod

...according to Google Translate

Or maybe Chwilen plymwr...

Edited by Onoff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm back at the self build (and the internet) with a vengeance, having had a good rest over Christmas.

Ive just added up how many of the fancy manifold outlets I would need for my hot and cold water, its 32!  Given that they are around £12 per outlet,  that's £384 in total.

I've decided to go down the @joe90 route and us a 4 way push fit manifold at £7.50 each, giving a price of £60. I realise that these don't include a service valves, these can be had for 80p each, giving a total price of £85.60. A total saving of ££298.40

3611E263-F78F-4644-81D5-D0A28D5EC315.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I realise that these don't include a service valves, these can be had for 80p each…

Maybe want to be a bit selective with pushfit valves - I've had a couple where the plastic bit where the screwdriver blade goes scrunch up after only a few operations. I used metal ones after that.

Edited by Ed Davies
Spelling correction

1 minute ago, Ed Davies said:

Maybe want to be a bit selective with pushfit valves - I've had a couple where the plastic bit were the screwdriver blade goes scrunch up after only a few operations. I used metal ones after that.

I always use compression fit valves. Never had a problem so far!

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I've decided to go down the @joe90 route and us a 4 way push fit manifold at £7.50 each, giving a price of £60. I realise that these don't include a service valves, these can be had for 80p each

yes I found this a good way to go, I contemplated individual service valves but just out of sight on that picture is a service valve on the hot and cold feeds 22mm, plenty in my opinion to change a tap etc, and if any job takes longer I could always insert a blank on a particular feed from the manifold for a while ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manifolds are I suspect one of the hidden costs that you can never imagine  when trying to guess the cost of building  a house  , now when ever I read a post on BH that tweaks my interest I head for ebay fb marketplace and gumtree to see what's out there . Heres today's offering from fb marketplace  a week old advert but may still be available to anyone  near Bradford. 

Screenshot_20200115-110959_Facebook.jpg

40 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Didn't @ProDave make his?

Yes

HW_manifod.thumb.jpg.18955970cee6da0860104edae05bf86e.jpg

It just feeds a bath, 2 showers and a basin (the other basin tees off straight from the airing cupboard.

This is in the void between the utility room ceiling and bathroom floor. The location was chosen as it was the most logical place to branch off for all the destinations, without making any of the pipe runs any longer than necessary.  It is now accessed by a mini loft hatch in the utility room ceiling.  

• Like 1