Manifold of manifolds

Pocster

Ok !

So to supply domestic hot and cold intend to bolt these together . I do love them ; brass and isolation valve - don’t like the price though !

Anyway - how do you mount this mega manifold of manifolds to a wall ? They have no fixing holes .

I know Wavin do a mounting bracket for ufh manifolds - but not this ....

CE2C4998-F3E2-458E-95A4-C192A9BE4E86.jpeg

1 minute ago, bassanclan said:

Row of pipe clips on the pipes coming in/out

Yeah I thought of that .

But these things are quite heavy . I didn’t fancy say 5 joined together ‘sagging’ the pipes . Just seemed strange there are no lugs with holes for screw fixings .

Actually .....

If I build my manifold of manifolds and mount it vertically with water in at the top and end cap at the bottom ....

I can build a shelf for it to sit on - still need some clips/straps to hold it in place . Then each pipe can just run horizontally off it through a concrete wall .

3 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Why not just use 2 shelf brackets and cable tie (or stronger) the manifold on top:

image.png.39226c32093890cec0836800d788b29a.png

Yeah ; something as simple as that might work !

But i’m Going vertical now !

Edited by pocster
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, pocster said:

Yeah I thought of that .

But these things are quite heavy . I didn’t fancy say 5 joined together ‘sagging’ the pipes . Just seemed strange there are no lugs with holes for screw fixings .

As long as the 15mm/10mm pipes coming out of the manifolds are also clipped it will be fine. I’ll try and find a photo of mine. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pocster said:

Neat !

So I could just use a bit of copper at either end with @joe90 suggested clips just to hold the entire thing ?!

So which ‘copper end bits’ do I need ??

All my copper (inc the ends into the manifolds) are on munsen rings. I.e. 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/brass-munsen-ring-22mm-5-pack/3444J?tc=DB1&ds_kid=92700020952479607&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoPPfvcuN5QIVBrDtCh22cQBwEAQYDyABEgKljvD_BwE

definitely the strongest of all fixings and they enable full lagging.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barney12 said:

Here we go, more of @Nickfromwales welsh wizardry 

02F17166-4C39-4692-8B10-1F4552F1ACCD.thumb.jpeg.db4e6567a0c823396442b696532e8be0.jpeg

If ever you want to paint that wall behind all the fittings then buy a cheap roll of tin foil. Great for masking difficult to mask things like pipes, holds it's form and is easy to remove.

I'm thinking maybe a matt black canvas to show everything off and polish the copper.....

?

Edited by Onoff
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Strong, like bull.....

If only the beer hadn't run out, we'd have stayed and lagged it all. Tight-arse.

Christ on a bike, its a 50 minute round trip to the nearest supermarket and you drank the place dry in less than 30 ;) :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used the abacus manifolds for the bathroom. There were quite expensive for what they were and you can buy a bracket that hold them flush to a wall. But i just used a steel banding that you screw through. I particular like how each knob has colour face plates and a pre set list of appliances that there connected to (Sink, Toilet, Shower, etc). Its great because when I hand write a description, it looks like a child did it. 

Annoyingly they need a huge amount of ptfe tape to not drip and the feed in. Hoping the hard water in the area eventually clogs the tiny dip coming off of it. 

dfcb851c-1e29-4c36-9373-f070a33e6cc1.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdamSee said:

Its great because when I hand write a description, it looks like a child did it. 

And me, which is why I bought one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DYMO-LT-100H-LETRATAG-HANDHELD-LABEL-MAKER-PRINTER-MONOCHROME-BRAND-NEW/181402127590?epid=78068478&hash=item2a3c68cce6:g:OLcAAOSwqu9VQ0RD sticks to pipes cables etc etc.

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Sounds like a plan, I usually just wait until my wife is available and then give her the sharpie. 

• Haha 2