Low Voltage Garden Lights/Security Camera Installation

efunc

34 minutes ago, Onoff said:

QUR323 is 85-260V AC input. Doubt very much if it'll work on 12V AC. I'd say in fact it won't.

OK, thanks for confirming. In that case I'll need to put the QUR323 on the mains output and put 2 x 12v transformers after it. The transformers come with 3A fuses in moulded 3-pin plugs which will have to be removed. I'm guessing the dual 6A QUR323 should be fine in this regard. Are the 3A in-line fuses still advisable though?

And anyone know what the residual current draw of the QUR323 would be? I couldn't find this info in the product description.

36 minutes ago, Onoff said:

This "cable coming down from the ceiling" where does it come from, the lighting circuit, ring main etc?

Nothing to stop you I guess feeding that 4 gang block with it but fuse it appropriately depending on where it comes from.

OK, thanks. I'll try and devise a neat solution. The cable is the end of the radial power circuit of the garden room. It will start from a new CU inside the room I've yet to put in. It's possible to just put a 2-gang slim main socket in the DriBox outside, but the extension sockets just seem more suited.

17 minutes ago, efunc said:

OK, thanks for confirming. In that case I'll need to put the QUR323 on the mains output and put 2 x 12v transformers after it. The transformers come with 3A fuses in moulded 3-pin plugs which will have to be removed. I'm guessing the dual 6A QUR323 should be fine in this regard. Are the 3A in-line fuses still advisable though?

And anyone know what the residual current draw of the QUR323 would be? I couldn't find this info in the product description.

Standby Power Consumption
QUR323 dual: <0.3W

• Like 1