Ensuite pocket doors

Pocster

We have ensuite pocket doors (and similar to bathrooms and dressing room). All are 44mm solid doors using Eclisse ironmongry and a haefle pocket door system.

I'm guessing a glass door would need to be custom made - how would you fit it to the runners above?

The pocket door systems are fairly fixed width so you'll need brushes either side to hide the gaps.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

We have ensuite pocket doors (and similar to bathrooms and dressing room). All are 44mm solid doors using Eclisse ironmongry and a haefle pocket door system.

I'm guessing a glass door would need to be custom made - how would you fit it to the runners above?

The pocket door systems are fairly fixed width so you'll need brushes either side to hide the gaps.

From what i’ve Googled most glass ones hang off special runners that are Adjustable to suit .

Probably a dumb question but ...

Is there any etiquette of what you see when you open a bathroom door ?

I was always under the impression it was ‘bad form’ that you see the toilet ..... Perhaps I was brought up wrong !

2 hours ago, pocster said:

I was always under the impression it was ‘bad form’ that you see the toilet ..... Perhaps I was brought up wrong !

In ours, loos are to side of door so if it's open you see sink / bath - only exception is the downstairs WC which is long & narrow so WC is at opposite side to door (also meets the BRs)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

In ours, loos are to side of door so if it's open you see sink / bath - only exception is the downstairs WC which is long & narrow so WC is at opposite side to door (also meets the BRs)

I think for the ensuite i’ll Have if pocket door open you see sink , then toilet . Shower is in the corner.

3 hours ago, pocster said:

I'd be more concerned with the etiquette of what you can smell when the door is closed ?

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2019 at 12:23, pocster said:

Perhaps !!!!

(The proof is the missing "-ly" on that "wrongly".)

/pendant

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

It's been mentioned before but the problem with a pocket door is they take longer to open and close. We have one but it's on a door that's not used frequently. The door and opening may also need to be wider because the handle doesn't disappear into the pocket. Can't even come close as it may trap your hand between handle and  frame. Go play with one in a show room. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Temp said:

It's been mentioned before but the problem with a pocket door is they take longer to open and close. We have one but it's on a door that's not used frequently. The door and opening may also need to be wider because the handle doesn't disappear into the pocket. Can't even come close as it may trap your hand between handle and  frame. Go play with one in a show room. 

I will !

On 07/10/2019 at 18:47, pocster said:

Considering this for an ensuite .

Any recommendations ?

Assume a glass door that locks ? 

ta 

We have an Eclisse glass pocket door on our ensuite but there's no lock on it.

We have a Eclisee with wood door. If you follow the instructions it goes fine. Watch out you don't overtighten the screws holding plasterboard to the frame. If they go in too far they can scratch the door.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pocster said:

How did you find the install ? Also the quality? . Any photos ?

We fitted it about seven years ago so the designs have probably changed but the install was straightforward. Eclisse quality is good. Sorry about the dirty door and photo quality.

Door.thumb.JPG.2a0cbcef6d8e83042528bc77e64ae671.JPG

• Thanks 1