Clearwater E6 treatment plant

Wagas

Can anyone who's installed one of these shed any light on the following?

The instructions say:

"We do not recommend the use of air admittance valves with W.C systems connected to the plant. Tile vents should not be used as the sole drainage ventilation facility but if this cannot be avoided the Unit should be independently ventilated. All inspection points within the drain system should be sealed so as to enable ventilation at high level."

So I have a tile air vent meaning I need to vent the tank independently. I guess this just means connecting a drainage pipe and vent to the vent hole on the tank? Does the blower hose connect through the same vent hole on the tank? Are building control ok not to have any admittance valves/durgos?

When they say they don't want tile vents to be the sole drainage ventilation facility what exactly do they want?

They are talking about venting the drain run.  It is usually vented at the treatment plant and should be vented somewhere at the house end of the drain run.

An AAV will not let air out, so won't stop a drain run pressurising. It is there to stop a vacuum forming when flowing water runs which would otherwise suck the water out of a trap.

Yes, the Clearwater site is not very specific about this, with our plant (different make but similar process) I have an AAV inside the house but this is purely to stop “gurgling” or trap water being pulled due to negative pressure when pulling the flush or emptying the bath, my  external  pipework is vented with a stack pipe up the side of the garage after the house, this vents the plant pipework as I think they mean above. Doing it this way also stops a thermal bridge with a stack on the house connected through the house wall.

Edited by joe90