Vinnie

Hi everyone.

New to the group and was hoping for some advise.

I have a JG underfloor heating system installed under my kitchen and through to a downstairs toilet where the pump and manifold are fitted.

In the loft above the toilet run the 25mm flow and return direct from the boiler.

Can I tee into these to supply the ufh? I have a cable run in from this (ufh thermostat)to the controller in the airing cupboard which I was hoping to link across the heating switch??

Sorry if this is vague or my terminology is not very good. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.

New to the group and was hoping for some advise.

I have a JG underfloor heating system installed under my kitchen and through to a downstairs toilet where the pump and manifold are fitted.

In the loft above the toilet run the 25mm flow and return direct from the boiler.

Can I tee into these to supply the ufh? I have a cable run in from this (ufh thermostat)to the controller in the airing cupboard which I was hoping to link across the heating switch??

Sorry if this is vague or my terminology is not very good. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Plumbing wise you can tee into this but you need to think about controls.

You will need a 2 port motorised valve to turn on and off the boiler feed to the UFH manifold.  Depending where else this flow and return goes, you may need additional motorised valves, or it may already have them, e.g one for hot water and one for heating, or a 3 port valve to do both.

And then you need to integrate the controls for the UFH into what you have there, so when the UFH turns on, it opens it's valve and calls for heat from the boiler.

I suspect the controls will be more than "link it across the heating switch"

Thanks guys.

I was kind of hoping that when the heating brings the boiler on that I could tee off the flow from the boiler, (the ufh pump would run in line with the CH pump), then the return would tee back to the boiler.

When say, the HW brings the boiler on alone it will just flow past the tee down to UFH loop as the UFH pump wont be running... 

Is this bad?? ?

15702763863901189346234867362612.jpg

15702764255276823478083536443387.jpg