Spiral or Serpentine.

BMcN

Received a drawing on one of my UFH quotes and thought I could probably do something a little more suitable for us,  so see below.

UFH 1 is the companies drawing.

I have done two versions, one as a Serpentine, letting LoopCAD do most of the design.   Second is a Spiral for most loops, drawn freehand.  Both my ones keep the loops a little shorter and I think better zoned.

Anyone care to comment and make recommendations?

UHF_1.PDF Serpentine.PDF spiral.PDF

Edited by BMcN

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, PeterW said:

Spiral is better as you have drawn it 

UFH supplier is smoking crack... 

Minor tweak to yours - don’t go under the WC pan in the shower room. 

Thanks @ProDave@PeterW.

I might have an attempt at the spiral and see how difficult it in.  Maybe for the loops that are not very square I'll stick to the serpentine one.

As a slight aside but still on topic, my design showed all pipes going through doorways which crowded them, instead I ran pipes through some internal block walls to use less pipe and less pipes in doorways which could weaken the screed (IMO). I drilled 25mm holes and ran UFH pipes inside overflow pipe when in the wall, 300mm lengths.

26 minutes ago, BMcN said:

Thanks @ProDave@PeterW.

I might have an attempt at the spiral and see how difficult it in.  Maybe for the loops that are not very square I'll stick to the serpentine one.

Just watch for the size of the last loop - its a bulb shape and needs around 250/300mm to do the loop.

On 19/11/2019 at 08:23, joe90 said:

As a slight aside but still on topic, my design showed all pipes going through doorways which crowded them, instead I ran pipes through some internal block walls to use less pipe and less pipes in doorways which could weaken the screed (IMO). I drilled 25mm holes and ran UFH pipes inside overflow pipe when in the wall, 300mm lengths.

Thanks @joe90, yes I will probably do the same then, the two main partitions are load bearing so concrete drawf walls under anyway so going through a doorway here is of no benefit anyway. 

Noted thanks @PeterW