Meter installation advice to power site

ollie

Hi guys i have electricity finally to my plot, its a pillar box with a 100amp cut-out.

I order to draw power i need to get meter put on it, it was advised someone like British gas etc, but is this the right route or can i get it done cheaper. I also dont want to be tied to that supplier for my actual electricity?

thanks in advance 

Oliver

So the only way is sign up with one of the Big 6 on a standard variable rate tariff with no exit fees, get the meter installed then immediately change suppliers once you have your MPAN

It takes 2-4 weeks to switch and to be honest it will be pennies different on the rates, the standing charge will be your biggest cost. 

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

So the only way is sign up with one of the Big 6 on a standard variable rate tariff with no exit fees, get the meter installed then immediately change suppliers once you have your MPAN

It takes 2-4 weeks to switch and to be honest it will be pennies different on the rates, the standing charge will be your biggest cost. 

Hi Peter thanks for the speedy response.

I already have been issued my MPAN though my DNO (from Northern Power grid who put the power to the site), does that sound correct? - so i should shop around the big 6 to see who can install the meter for the cheapest amount and then switch immediately to someone like bulb? 

It worth mentioning that the power will be temporary for the foundation guys to use before we trench and run a cable ready for delivery of the kit house 

thanks again

Oliver