Protecting Windows and Doors Prior to Scafffold Removal

Boris

Ours is being struck on Thu, I’m out of the country.

My main defence is my good lady being on site to scare them into being bloody careful. I hope it’s enough!

I guess you could get a load of OSB to try and protect them if you feel there is a risk - we haven’t...

And if you cover them with something, how are you then going to remove that?

If i was the scaffolder and found the windows boarded up I might ask why.  I would be insulted if the answer was in case you damage them.

Ours were dodgy (as they mostly are) and we’d had a few rows so I made sure I was watching when it came down - to be honest it was pretty swift and no damage done to my (then) pristine white render.

They’d need to be very clumsy or unlucky to damage doors and windows.

I had a very nervous day when the scaffolding came down! Big heavy windows that took a lot of effort to get into place and lovely fresh cedar cladding. Impossible to protect really, but what I did do, was take lots of photos the day before of every window so that if any were damaged I had some proof at least in case I needed to bill them! Despite their reputation, I think most scaffolders are more responsible than your average tradesman.

I never had any doubts about the scaffolding coming down, it was a polish team that did ours with a Scottish boss who stood and watched, nothing was thrown about, it took a day and a half to erect and a full day to take down and it never even crossed my mind that anything would be damaged which probably was because I could see they weren’t be rough.