Geberit Flush with no Ooooomph!

Barney12

Hi all

I'm guessing this might be a question for our resident Welsh plumber @Nickfromwales

A friend has just moved into a new house. It has a Geberit concealed cistern but the flush is rather "slugish". The push button is rather stiff (its as though you're pushing against air pressure) and to be frank the ooooomph action is rather lacking resulting in just one too many "floaters" :D 

the cover plate looks like this:

1348854318_IMG_76136522.jpg.a170eb8a145902c875027b302025f5c0.jpg

From the joys of Google it looks like its one of these units (and certainly is a visual match).......

2019-09-30_15-31-40.jpg.c2ee5212ee42ecd426875d1c390c521f.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geberit-Concealed-Cistern-Pneumatic-109-720-00-1/dp/B00B9J1XIO

Can anyone tell me where best to start before I start randomly swapping parts? :) 

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Which foods make ? float less?

Keen to know the answer to this, too!

Modern, low flush volume, toilets do seem to be far less effective at dealing with buoyant stuff.  Having to flush two or three times rather defeats the point of having a low volume flush, IMHO.

The water level might be adjustable. If not already done, raise the float until the water level is a little below the  top of the overflow tube. 

The air valve on ours isn't exactly easy to push in but it depends what you are used to.