BT were in a good mood today

Twas time to renew our line rental and broadband contract.  Last time it was a battle and they ended up price matching the cheapest alternative I could find.

This time, no messing, just offered to renew at the same price, but upgrade us to "broadband plus" which is just a better level of service.  The SIM for my daughters mobile now has twice as much data.  And as a parting gesture they are sending a prepaid mastercard pre loaded with £50.

Makes a change not to have a battle.

• Like 1

Lucky you, I have had nothing but trouble with bt billing since the beginning of the year, tried to get away from them but was still in contract so they wanted nearly £300 to get out of it, ended up making several complaints and they gave me £50 credit, then they told me again I hadn’t paid my bill, I have been tearing my hair out with them and will be off as soon as I get out of contract !

Yes - BT seem to be getting back on the Ball. Yesterday I spotted two chaps in the lane staring at poles and arguing about where the underground runs were between them. I was able to point out that the grey looking duct running from one of the poles on our land was in fact just a bit of old down pipe I dropped there in the summer and had now become somewhat over grown, 'Oh that explains it' one of them said. When I asked what they were about they said they were doing the survey for the Fiber runs they will be fitting shortly - whoopee, we have about 13Mbps (13316) as I look at the meter but fibre should make a big diff. We are inside the M25 but are classed as a rural community.