Any Hubbers visiting UK Construction Week at NEC?

2 hours ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

I am going on 10th Oct.

Its free if you apply online & means you can also visit Grand Designs Live.

I found UK construction interesting when last there a couple of years ago.

If anyone wants to meet up let me know.:)

Surely you still have to pay for Grand Designs?

1 minute ago, Randomiser said:

Surely you still have to pay for Grand Designs?

Nope - just submit a business registration. I do it with a couple of other shows too.

A few of the good HVAC companies are at Construction Week - better than going to the ones in GDL

• 2 weeks later...

So... @Moira Niedzwiecka and me met up at U.K. Construction Week today at the NEC. Fair bit to look at in the UKCW show, lot of the ICF companies there and fair bit to see and walk round in 4 halls. 

Grand Designs Live was in a single hall and we probably walked round the whole lot in 45 mins. It’s split into 4 sections, and other than the guys making garden rooms out of sections of an Airbus A320, the rest was pretty crap and didn’t seem that busy. If you haven’t got free tickets I would save your money. 

Wonder if  they will even have it next year as it seems to be losing its appeal. 

I popped into Grand Designs Live this afternoon. Show was very poor, not a single exhibitor caught my eye enough to bother talking to.

I was surprised by how many completely unrelated charity stands there were, with quite aggressive ‘chuggers’ trying to attract my attention as I walked by. I guess the economics must stack up for them, although the price to ‘exhibit’ is probably eye-watering. It must be a lot busier at the weekend.

I won’t be going next year.

We went to Grand Designs live a couple of times: once about 6 years ago and again about 3 years ago. Even over that time the difference was palpable. We were done within an hour the second time - it was just stall after stall of tat, with very few exhibitors that I'd even consider to be in the building trade.

• Like 1

Agree with @PeterW about GD. It was terrible. Dying on its feet.

Some interesting stands at UK Construction. Some of the exhibitors that used to be with GD have moved over to it & some stands with interior finishes I haven't seen before.

Enjoyed meeting Peter & having a good chat with a fellow 'hubber'.