Tiled skirting/upstands

daiking

9 hours ago, AliG said:

600x600mm. I didn't write it very clearly. I meant 2 from a tile, you'd be wasting two thirds of the tile, although I haven't checked how much the special skirting tiles are yet.

With my rubi cutter there is next to no waste. I really struggle to tell which side is factory and which side I just cut. 

Money well spent :)

@daiking changing to a pukka blade will help a lot. 

14 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Stick them on the wall and then caulk  then finish with your paint colour you will have on the wall. Anybody who notices that shouldn't be lying down on your floor.

This is exactly my thinking. It would be lunacy to worry about this most minor of cosmetic abherrations

15 hours ago, AliG said:

I spoke to the builder and he said it would be expensive as he recommended just cutting one piece from each edge of a tile. But I checked and the floor tiles we have have matching skirting tiles available.

This is what I'd been told too and the tilers we had (who I doubt would do any tidier cutting) weren't keen on this anyway.

And the only reason tilled skirting is a suggestion is that I have a few square metres left over and cutting and sticking tiles to a wall whilst held straight by the floor is something that sounds achievable by me.

Edited by daiking

51 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

With my rubi cutter there is next to no waste. I really struggle to tell which side is factory and which side I just cut. 

Money well spent :)

@daiking changing to a pukka blade will help a lot. 

Pukka and under £20?

On the bottom aisle next to the unicorns?

6 hours ago, daiking said:

Pukka and under £20?

On the bottom aisle next to the unicorns?

Whenever I hire a Rubi 900 they ask me what I'm cutting and give me a new wheel every time, hire cost and cutting wheel £20 a day. Rubi, they're the bees knees.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I have some areas(won’t be visible) I can’t finish with a tiled upstand. As this is an area where there could be leaks/spillages, I’d like some sort of other solution.

I’m thinking that an aluminium angle profile, approx 25mm high, stuck to the tiles around the perimeter will do the job?

5A79DEDB-2173-434C-B7B4-E465D2EB43C9.jpeg