Timber floors?

Conor

Up until now I've been assuming I'd be going for concrete intermediate floors. I'm open to option of posi joists.

Is it possible to use these in conjunction with the bracing systems for upper story pours? Or would the timber be ruined? I'm assuming I'd need to put down temporary ply flooring at the very least.

Edited by Conor

Cannot answer this question, we have posis in our timberframe at first floor level and beam and block above ICF basement.

I dislike the posis we have - bounce and noise when walking over them, some of our spans are reasonably large. If I were to do it again I would consider concrete or b&b, or at the very least make sure the posis are substantially beefier.

5 hours ago, Conor said:

Up until now I've been assuming I'd be going for concrete intermediate floors. I'm open to option of posi joists.

Is it possible to use these in conjunction with the bracing systems for upper story pours? Or would the timber be ruined? I'm assuming I'd need to put down temporary ply flooring at the very least.

I have layed a temporary OSB deck on my posi-joists. The ICF bracing was screwed down with 4 6x40mm screws and worked well.

You could put down the permanent 22mm chipboard deck but I chose not to as I thought it would be exposed for too long before the roof went on.