Cheap Rubble Removal Options

Matthias

Hi all, 

We're looking to get rid of 16-20 tones of rubble, all old internal walls from a bungalow and an entire roofs worth of tiles. It's all been sorted and is suitable as hardcore.

We'd hoped to get a grabber in to take it away but site access is a nightmare, 10ft high hedges and telephone lines overhead. We can just about get a skip on to the driveway. 

Does anyone know of the next cheapest option for removal? Man with a crusher, rubble skip hire or similar? 

We're based in South Wales if that helps. 

Many thanks, 

Matt

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

Consider posting a free for collection rubble for collection on Facebook Marketplace.  Someone may want it for building up land.  Costs nothing so worth a try.

A 20 yard roll on roll off rubble skip will cost about £400. Takes about 16-17 tonne of rubble.

I ended up getting rid of 100+ tonne of rubble from my site.  Tipper lorry £55 ph.  JCB and operator £35 ph.  Local farmer wanted it to build up land.  Total cost to dispose about £400.  NE Scotland prices.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll certainly give them a go. 

How'd you get in contact with the local farmer? Know them already or just do some cold calling? 

And I just tried offering the rubble on a locals sharing site and it was rejected due to fears the tiles might contain asbestos. They do not, we had a survey done before any work began - oh well. 

49 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Thanks for the ideas, I'll certainly give them a go. 

How'd you get in contact with the local farmer? Know them already or just do some cold calling? 

And I just tried offering the rubble on a locals sharing site and it was rejected due to fears the tiles might contain asbestos. They do not, we had a survey done before any work began - oh well. 

Just chatting with me at site in passing.  Another option I looked at was a local quarry who would take it away for crushing into hardcore I think it was £180 per lorry load (16 tonnes) but obviously i would have to load it at my cost.  Perhaps suggest you see if there are any major construction projects in your area, especially levelling land, you may get lucky.