Hello to all

Laith J

2 minutes ago, Laith J said:

Hi Everyone..

Based in Cardiff South Wales, i'm a tiler and bathroom installer by trade but have also project managed a number of larger projects including renovations, conversions and new builds.. 

I think your on the wrong forum

This is a self build forum 

Hi folks.

As a moderator on this forum, I'm not exactly over the moon to see how this is going so far.

2 hours ago, Laith J said:

Hi Everyone..

Based in Cardiff South Wales, i'm a tiler and bathroom installer by trade but have also project managed a number of larger projects including renovations, conversions and new builds.. 

Hi @Laith J.

As an introduction, that was a little short and uninformative. That is what has provoked some replies. An explanation that you'd heard that this was a good / interactive information source would have been useful in your first post. Residence here is a privilege, not an assumption, so we keep this ship 'Bristol fashion' at all times, as I hope you appreciate.

2 hours ago, nod said:

I think your on the wrong forum

This is a self build forum 

Lets leave any assumptions out until it's appropriate to comment otherwise please ;) . All new members are screened before being allowed to join, and are pointed at our T's & C's whenever necessary.

53 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Play nice.

+1.

1 hour ago, Laith J said:

And if you had seen my work, you'd realise I don't need to tout for it.. here to keep learning as i've heard theres some knowledgeable members on here...

Feel free to contribute and ask questions. If you need to check what's acceptable and what's not, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

15 minutes ago, Sensus said:

That's an interesting concept. I must try that, some time. ?

wind....sailing....close..... 

Back to work everybody !! :) 

• Like 5

No problem at all mate, I'm not here to tout for work, there's plenty of work out there, if anyone would need any advice in my particular trade then I'm always happy to help, and vice versa, as like I've said, been told there's some good advice on here

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Laith J said:

No problem at all mate, I'm not here to tout for work, there's plenty of work out there, if anyone would need any advice in my particular trade then I'm always happy to help, and vice versa, as like I've said, been told there's some good advice on here

Us folk working behind the scenes are always interested in how members come to find the forum. Most would be via a Google search when they are looking for a solution to a certain building related issue but you are implying word of mouth. Could you expand on that?

Oh and welcome.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Laith J said:

That's fine.

Also I'll shoot you in the ball-bag if you try :) 

Welcome to Buildhub ;) 

40 minutes ago, stephen margerison said:

Back to work , do you use the new "self levelling system", is plastic clips and wedge, if so how do you find it? and would you recommend it ?

I saw it being used on a huge area in Spain, the finished product looked great .

Welcome 

I have just used this system on my large kitchen floor tiles and they have worked a treat

7 hours ago, stephen margerison said:

Back to work , do you use the new "self levelling system", is plastic clips and wedge, if so how do you find it? and would you recommend it ?

I saw it being used on a huge area in Spain, the finished product looked great .

Welcome 

Hi.. They are very helpful especially when doing large format tiles... Im laying a lot of 1200x600 and similar sizes now which is where the levelling systems are essential, the only thing is some people are now using them and forgetting the fundamentals of tiling and just relying too much on clips... you also need to be careful with them in the sense that when you are using the pliers to tighten the clips, that you dont accidentally alter the grout lines.. which is a thing I see people doing quite often without realising.. it helps to point the lower edge of the wedge towards the area with most weight (if that makes sense)... 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Us folk working behind the scenes are always interested in how members come to find the forum. Most would be via a Google search when they are looking for a solution to a certain building related issue but you are implying word of mouth. Could you expand on that?

Oh and welcome.

Two different builders that ive spoken to in the last few weeks have both mentioned the site.. i think the second builder mentioned it when I asked him about Interstitial condensation ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

So, Pierre, whassis levelling system then? I could do with a treat at the moment. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tile-Leveling-Spacer-System-Levello-Clips-Wedges-Pliers-Stop-Lippage-Level-Tool/264333912273?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=563929180658&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You are an easy man to please Ian!