boulder mvhr any good?

• 2 months later...

Just to bump this...

I've noticed some discrepancies with the pricing of the Boulder MVHR units. Same unit at two different prices on eBay, and a third price on their website. Might give them a call... or might just not mention and buy the cheapest one :)

Their DHV-15B is currently top of my list, as it is the lowest price that I can find for a high efficiency (90%) unit with auto bypass.

I'm also investigating the use of one or more single-room units instead, as my small house is well within the floor area for some of these units.

• 4 weeks later...

Another bump.

Had a good quote from Boulder for an all in system (90% efficiency, automatic controller working off humidity and/or temp, CO2 etc) with auto bypass. BUT the power consumption seems higher than I'd expected, at 50-60w.  That should work out to around £50 a year so it's not exactly a deal breaker, but just curious to see how this compares to other systems?

(I've been loking at single room units that draw 2w so a thirty-fold increase in consumption wa a bit higher than I'd expected)

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2017 at 18:09, Crofter said:

Another bump.

Had a good quote from Boulder for an all in system (90% efficiency, automatic controller working off humidity and/or temp, CO2 etc) with auto bypass. BUT the power consumption seems higher than I'd expected, at 50-60w.  That should work out to around £50 a year so it's not exactly a deal breaker, but just curious to see how this compares to other systems?

(I've been loking at single room units that draw 2w so a thirty-fold increase in consumption wa a bit higher than I'd expected)

Hi Crofter,

I am also looking to install a Boulder MVHR unit - how did you get on with yours? Do you have any words of wisdom for me? Thanks.

Edited by Crounauer

On 11/01/2017 at 18:09, Crofter said:

Another bump.

A unit that uses 2 watt? Link please! 

On 23/01/2018 at 15:28, Crounauer said:

Hi Crofter,

I am also looking to install a Boulder MVHR unit - how did you get on with yours? Do you have any words of wisdom for me? Thanks.

I've had mine run up to test it, but not finished the installation yet. I have to say I'm not blown away by it. It's noisier than I expected (hoping final install will sort this) and the humidity sensor is, stupidly, mounted in the control unit. I'm actually going to remove it from the pcb and mount it remotely, in the extract duct.  Shouldn't really have to resort to that sort of bodge. And finally, the power consumption is relatively high, at 50w, which I knew before I bought it- a different make might cost only £30/yr to run vs the £50 for the Boulder, so I couldn't justify the extra cost of a better unit on that basis alone as the payback time would be measured in decades...

On 23/01/2018 at 16:02, Nickfromwales said:

A unit that uses 2 watt? Link please! 

Can't remember exactly now, but I have a vague feeling it might have been the one that Damian was talking about on another forum?

• 5 years later...