Fixing battens to wood fibre board

Cambs

I'm now battening out and cladding our flat roof dormers in OSB in preparation for the lead cladding.  The dormers are constructed with wood fibre board on the exterior.  I can find structural timber behind the wood fibre board to fix the battens to in most cases, but there are a few areas on the cheeks of the dormers where I'll need to attach battens to the wood fibre boards without structural timber behind them.

I'm struggling to find and source suitable plugs that I can put into the wood fibre board and then screw the battens to.  There's enough support elsewhere that I don't need a great deal of strength.  I have found these two potential solutions:

https://www.rawlplug.co.uk/product/r-iso-plug-insulation-fixings/

https://www.fischer.co.uk/en-gb/products/fixation-on-etics-insulation/fixing-in-insulation-material/insulation-fixing-fid

I'd welcome any thoughts on the best way to do this.

4 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

A bit like fixing into Weetabix.  I like Fischer fixings.  They might work well if you drill a nice clean hole the same diameter as the shaft of the fixing. 

A bit more Googling turned up some options today - a "spiral anchor" turned out to be the best search term.  Fischer do them, as do a number of others. Ended up getting them from Amazon so I can get them tomorrow.  About 50p each, so not cheap but that price is similar to most of the suppliers.

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

How about D4 wood glue, since using it on my floorboards I’m finding uses for it everyday, will tear the wood fibre apart before you separate the batten from it. 

Good idea - fixings are on their way, I’ll put some of this on too.  It’ll all help.