Rough costs for installing a phone line?

Our wee cottage has never had its own phone line- we just provide broadband via an extender from our own house. It's always been a temporary arrangement and I think it's about time we did something more robust.

Does anybody know off hand what the basic cost of getting a phone line installed would be? There is a BT pole and junction box on our land about 30m from the cottage.

Yes, £50 for a new connection. And there is a good chance you will get that back.  It took Open Reach so long to actually make our connection, and find a working spare pair of cables all the way back to the exchange that I complained, and got the connection fee refunded by way of compensation for the delay.

On 14/09/2019 at 18:17, Crofter said:

Our wee cottage has never had its own phone line- we just provide broadband via an extender from our own house. It's always been a temporary arrangement and I think it's about time we did something more robust.

Does anybody know off hand what the basic cost of getting a phone line installed would be? There is a BT pole and junction box on our land about 30m from the cottage.

Have a look at the Post Office who use to install a new phone line FOC. Also this link - https://www.choose.co.uk/guide/new-phone-line-installation-for-free.html