Rodent mesh

Pocster

Ok 

After many alterations and rendering done I notice my timber Battons have no rodent prevention in place .

So i’m Trying to keep ventilation under the render board but keep out rodents .

You won’t ever see the bottom of the render due to the final floor being higher .

Could I simply screw mesh to the actual bottom of the render board down to the asphalt- with bricks behind it just to hold its form ? . This sensible - if it makes sense !!

AC914502-2546-4D53-846A-3FE19E6990E2.jpeg

3CE6F766-3B2B-445A-9DF6-62B44B65974F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

What size are the holes?

The general rule of thumb is that a mouse can get through any hole that it can get it's head through, and that's about the diameter of a normal pencil.  I once watched a mouse squeeze through the gap under a door, a gap that I didn't think it would have been possible for a mouse to get through if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

7 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

What size are the holes?

The general rule of thumb is that a mouse can get through any hole that it can get it's head through, and that's about the diameter of a normal pencil.  I once watched a mouse squeeze through the gap under a door, a gap that I didn't think it would have been possible for a mouse to get through if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Hmmmm , i’d Say about 9mm ..... ? 

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

CGI mouse? I always thought they could fit through a 10mm dia hole...

From the text associated with that video from Rentokil:

Mice have extremely flexible skeletons and can through a 6mm gap, that's about the size of a pencil!  

Watch this video to see how house mice will squeeze through the smallest of gaps to get into your home or business. Once mice have entered your home, an infestation can quickly develop so it's essential to proof your home against mice.

• Like 1