CIL and VAT

No mention of a CIL payment has been made on my planning permission decision. Do I assume my area is not charging it, or should I fill out forms to confirm that I am not eligible to pay it (me being the cautious, cynical type)? The building will be less than 100m2 internally and is a single dwelling. 

I am just looking thru the excellent VAT advice on here. Can I just confirm that the only time I have to contact HMRC is at the end when I make a claim? Or do I have to register intention to start or something similar? I can't seem to find mention of this. 

Thank you!

If CIL isn’t noted you shouldn’t need to pay it or do the forms but worth double checking the position in your area. 

You don’t need to contact HMRC at all until you are ready to claim (note strict timescales). There is a helpline if you have a specific question but it’s a bit of a lottery who you get, and they have a track record of not standing behind their helpline advice on occasion. 

In regards to CIL our council sent me the charge notice the week after planning permission was granted, asking for details, we then then filled these forms in then asked for exemption, it is well worth checking this throughly as my charge is 19k....

24 minutes ago, JandD said:

Hi yes it was underneath the "informatives" section, it wasn't a condition or anything like that, based on a sq mt it was xxx, as the above we "just" need to send the commencement notice and the completion at the end.....

Ok great, at least it was there.