Render done ; gap filling

Pocster

19 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Is there insect mesh at that interface?

No . Essentially it’s the edge of the timber frame with insulation pir meeting the wall - foamed in the gaps . So this gap is just where the Renderer ended his bead .

24 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

Clear CT1 does discolour.

I don't know about outside, but in a bathroom I fitted 6 months ago it's gone yellow - even though it has some natural light.

What about using the same mortar as the stone?

Going to be awkward ! . Don’t want to get it on the nice render nor the stone . Suspect mortar that thin would crack and eventually fall out ...?!

I always meant to seal the gaps where my render met the soffits (which were installed after the render).

Never got round to it and not sure there's a massive benefit other than aesthetics as there's insect screen top and bottom and I'd never get up to clean it. Bit of a shadow gap effect.

Anyway, as my render is likely need removed and replaced, glad I didn't bother.

So my choice would to leave it be and see how you live with it - nice home for the spiders...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, soapstar said:

@pocster Looks nice, very similar to what I would like. Can you tell me what K-Rend product you used and colour? I get confused with all the different products they have!

Erm !

i get confused also !

The front as in the photo is a different k product to the sides . Sides were thermolite front was render board . Colour is limestone white . It’s almost like ‘pure’ white but a bit off . Renderer recommended the colour other than pure white because any ‘ageing’ will be less noticeable.

2 minutes ago, pocster said:

Erm !

i get confused also !

The front as in the photo is a different k product to the sides . Sides were thermolite front was render board . Colour is limestone white . It’s almost like ‘pure’ white but a bit off . Renderer recommended the colour other than pure white because any ‘ageing’ will be less noticeable.

Just watch out for algae growth - blows onto the wall and gets into the finish and then blooms when it's damp - jet washing does not shift it (but will take the topcoat off your render)

When I get mine replaced I will try and treat with an anti-fungal product.

• Like 1

K rend do an anti algi 

Pick a dry day Spray with a garden sprayer Let the rain do the rest over the next couple of days 

As long as you don’t use a turbo type Nozzle A jet wash will bring it up like new 

If you are looking for a very white white that can be applied on all surfaces The Sw K rend is a good all rounder 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nod said:

It does look really slick against the render 

mans now with the roughneck type guns it’s so Quick 

A question for the expert...what's the "trick" with mortar guns? Using 4:1 building sand / opc, quite wet and sometimes it "blocks". Well mixed, no lumps etc. Sometimes works if you just shake the gun a bit. Is it redistributing the water or something?

Cheers

11 minutes ago, Onoff said:

A question for the expert...what's the "trick" with mortar guns? Using 4:1 building sand / opc, quite wet and sometimes it "blocks". Well mixed, no lumps etc. Sometimes works if you just shake the gun a bit. Is it redistributing the water or something?

Cheers

I ideally mix a bit of SBR ion the mortar

4 .1 as you say

It will come out sloppy But don’t teach it till it has thickened up Then I run a mastic trowel round 

It’s getting the mix just right rather than any skill with the gun