Sunamp hybrid - excess solar PV and boiler input

readiescards

I met Andy Trewin from Sunamp at Clean Energy Live 2016, NEC.  He explained they do a hybrid Sunamp which supports hot water AND electric INPUTS.

Just trying to understand if that is viable for my well insulated (but not passiv house standard), off-grid with 9kWp solar PV and LPG boiler with UFH.  Keen to ensure minimal uncontrolled heat input into house, while consuming excess PV (and wind) once batteries charged

Anyone got one?

The last I heard was they were working on a unit with electric and water inputs. That would be very interesting as it would then be a true replacement for an UVC.

If this unit is now in production, I am sure we would all be glad to hear the details.

10 hours ago, ProDave said:

The last I heard was they were working on a unit with electric and water inputs. That would be very interesting as it would then be a true replacement for an UVC.

If this unit is now in production, I am sure we would all be glad to hear the details.

+1

They've been promising this for a while.

I'd actually like more heat inputs! Maybe something to capture excess biomass burning.

It could then be a good replacement for a TS, right? Hook into the wet CH system and use the heat when you need it. Good for high performance retrofits which will have low heat demand but an existing wet CH system.

Edited by gravelld