maximum drainage run for 110mm soil pipe.

albert

I have permission for  a holiday cabin 250 from my treatment pant and I can find any details on pipe size , chamber spacing's and fall for that distance of run. (max occupancy 4 persons) I have plenty of fall but i cant find any details in building regs. Any advice appreciated. 

I have two holiday cabins and they both have their own treatment systems. 

Is there a reason to go that distance I can see it being a pain. 

Materials to connect it will be in excess of £800, that’s without digging the trench. 

You can pick up a small plant for a £1000. 

Is there a 3m height difference between the cabin and treatment plant. 

I have just installed 260m of fence and I’m visualising how long your pipe run will be. 

23 minutes ago, ProDave said:

There is a requirement for inspection chambers at intervals so you don't end up with 10 sets of drain rods trying to rod a 250M run with no access.

Yep - we have a chamber every 9m or so as a set of rods is 10m and you have to allow for the drop into the chamber etc.. In practice I normally need 11 or 12 rods to do a proper job.

I have no water course to outlet into nearby and ground is solid clay hence the long run.

what falls do you think work best on long runs as i am aware the solids can be left behind if its too steep.I was thinking 1:60 - 1:80

7 minutes ago, albert said:

i am aware the solids can be left behind if its too steep

That is not the case, it was a bit of an old wives tale and never proven.

Between 1:20 and 1:60 seems to work well. I assume there is a downhill slope, so I would go with this and have the drain fairly shallow all the way, providing enough cover for whatever is above. I think you can go 45m between inspection chambers and if the drain run is shallow you can use the small ones.