Bosch induction hob fitting in quartz worktop

Has anyone fitted an induction hob into a quartz worktop. I've bought a bosch induction hob and cant figure out how it is fixed to the worktop. The hob comes with rails that are screwed into the side of the appature that is cut in the worktop and then the hob clicks into the rail. I dont think you can screw into quartz and the instruction states not to stick the hob down? It's a bosch PXY875KW1E if that helps.

23 minutes ago, dannyboy123 said:

I dont think you can screw into quartz

I think you can get little threaded inserts you can drill the quartz, carefully and with the correct drill, pop in the insert and  the action of the screw expands the insert. Its a bit like a short rawplug but the ones I have used, albeit, 20+ years back, were metal. This is the sort of thing. http://www.npfasteners.com/composites/keep-nut.htm

4 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

How does it grip the hole?

It just has springy clips around the edge that both grip tightly and pull the thing down tight enough for the rubber seal around the edge to squidge down on to the surface.  I really didn't expect this to work as well as it does.

12 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

It just has springy clips around the edge that both grip tightly and pull the thing down tight enough for the rubber seal around the edge to squidge down on to the surface.  I really didn't expect this to work as well as it does.

We have a similar arrangement with a Neff onto quarts 

Spring clips

Seem to do the job

I would put a bead of silicon round rather than risk drilling the quarts 

We have a glass shower screen that sits in an aluminium channel stuck to the tray with silicone. I was expecting the builder to drill and screw the channel to the stone tray but he said silicone would be strong enough and he was right. 11-12 years later its still stuck down well despite people grabbing the edge of the glass to support themselves. If it can do this I think it would easily stop a hob moving about.

12 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Believe it or not, our AEG induction hob is just a push fit in our Silestone island worktop.  I was very sceptical that this arrangement would both hold it in place and be a good enough seal around the edges, but it seems to be fine.

We also have an AEG induction hob which is a good push fit in our granite worktop.

19 minutes ago, dannyboy123 said:

Thanks for the replies. Bosch have told me that I cant stick the hob down but I have to use a glue to stick the brackets to the worktop. I just have to find a high temp glue that is used for stone and metal now

Intumescent mastic?