Steelwork Support

LA3222

I intend to have a blockwork outer skin to my TF, this will sit on a ringbeam formed by the EPS.  The specified steelwork for this ringbeam is 2xH12 steel bars, one at the top and one at the bottom.  I know there are a few members on here who have had a similar detail to implement.

My question is how do you support the H12 bar at the top?  The bottom seems easy enough - standard rebar stand but I'm stumped about holding the other in place.  Is there a specific type of rebar stand for this situation?

image.thumb.png.57e8f956042bc477eb9bdcc3b0df1ce8.png

Thanks 

Edited by LA3222

Interesting responses @Russell griffiths and @PeterW, I thought there would be a bespoke item for such a situation so figured I'd ask rather than trawl looking for the unknown!  It appears that I need to McGyver the s**t out of it.  Not an issue, both suggestions are good and give me something to ponder.

Thanks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Bearing in mind that at the corners you will need to bend a 90 degree to go around the corner or buy pre formed corners, tie it all together and it will become fairly rigid. 

Yarp, there are a few L & Z bars to order too.  Seems there ain't a lot to be saved here vs the effort to bend it myself so will order per formed.  Just been googling suppliers - I need to send the bar schedule off and see what comes back.  If anyone has any good recommendations it would be much appreciated.

@Mr Punter I spotted deck chairs last night when I was trawling sites for steel prices. I did think get rebar stands for the lower bar and then chop deck chairs up to support the upper bar at the correct height.  I need to cost it all up at some point and see what the numbers say!