Bouncy floorboards on UFH

H F

So, the people we purchased our house from, laid underfloor heating and then put oak floorboards on top.

We have now seen that there are two or three areas where the floorboards have come up a bit and are bouncy when you walk on them. We spoke to the previous owners recently, and they said (quiet amazingly) that they didn't fully level the floor before laying the UFH and subsequent floorboards, which has now led to this latest issue.

Is there a way (an easy way) to rectify this? We have no intention of pulling everything up as that would be a massive upheaval.

@Home Farm is the flooring bonded down onto screed/slab or a floating floor (laid on an underlay)?

If bonded, you could try this

https://www.fixafloor.co.uk/

We had a few of our oak boards lift before the adhesive had set.  To inject the adhesive you can either drill a larger hole, then plug to get a matching finish, or a smaller hole then finish with filler or furniture wax. Have a look at my blog entry:

7 hours ago, PeterW said:

Is it water UFH or electric ..?? 

You could drill holes and inject epoxy or similar and then plug the holes - @Stones did something similar with hollow tiles I believe. 

Water underfloor.

Can I still inject epoxy?

My guess would be this is a floating floor without a sufficient perimeter expansion gap. Ask the previous owners. You may need to remove the skirting and use a plunge circular saw to cut the boards near to the walls.  I have a Makita SP6000J which gets fairly close to the edge, but there may be better.  You will need to finish the ends of the cuts with a multi tool.