EPS Delivery

LA3222

Bit of an unusual topic but I'm trying to get a fall for the scale of the EPS Delivery for my slab.

I intend to order from Kore and my slab is approx 180m2.  How big a delivery am I looking at? I have visions of a fully loaded attic in my minds eye - I can find space on site but no way an artic is getting down my lane.  Am I going to have to handball a shed load of polystyrene jigsaw pieces 100m down my lane?

Does a gone have any pics of what came for their slab so I can anticipate the scale of my task?

TIA

It was basically loose in the lorry but packed tight. Three of us hand balled it off as packs of 5x100x2400x1200 EPS or 10x50mm and then the edge pieces one at a time all of which weight nothing and could be carried by a child privided they could get a grip of the packs / pieces. It took about 20 minutes. I piled it all up and then sheeted it over and tied it down as the one thing it does really well is blow away at the slightest breeze if left unrestrained and it does get attacked by UV if left exposed for an extended period.

20180604_101857.jpg

20180604_110137.jpg

3 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

It was basically loose in the lorry but packed tight. Three of us hand balled it off as packs of 5x100x2400x1200 EPS or 10x50mm and then the edge pieces one at a time all of which weight nothing and could be carried by a child privided they could get a grip of the packs / pieces. It took about 20 minutes. I piled it all up and then sheeted it over and tied it down as the one thing it does really well is blow away at the slightest breeze if left unrestrained and it does get attacked by UV if left exposed for an extended period.

20180604_101857.jpg

20180604_110137.jpg

So is your insulation under the slab 300mm total depth, made up of 3x100mm?

5 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

Thanks @MikeSharp01, the pics help a lot - I've a good idea of what to expect now ?

As another data point, ours came packed in exactly the same way. My wife and I unloaded the truck with one MBC guy and the truck driver within about 15 mins, from memory.

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

So is your insulation under the slab 300mm total depth, made up of 3x100mm?

No, in our case we have 250mm (2x100mm = 1x50mm) this was because the slab designer was worried about some of loads in the middle of the slab and after they did the sums they chose 250 rather than pockets down to 100 in all places where the loads were.

• Like 1

Our DIY insulated slab came in 1 articulated lorry, plus a smaller load the next day. It took my wife and I a whole day to carry it all up onto site.

This is the first load on site.

2872D6C0-DE51-49E4-B0F5-FCF6A3EE1474.thumb.jpeg.661155d3b7b1f29c3dc449c81b451a38.jpeg

It it doesn’t look a lot, but the stack was around 3 metres tall.

The pieces of wood on top were place there first, then weld mash placed on top to stop it blowing away.

Edited by Triassic

The only thing I can add @LA3222 is check with the delivery co if you have a maximum time to unload, I recently had an artic delivery and it was stated very clearly that the truck would not stay longer than two hours on site without additional costs, we had 4 lads unloading and a forklift and it still took 1 hour 45mins, so just have a check to see that you don’t get an additional bill. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@SuperJohnG a bit of thread revival I know! Not sure if you've had your Kore delivery yet but there's some useful pics on here to give an idea of what the delivery will be like.

My own to add to the thread:

175m2 slab, the artic was full top to bottom all the way. 

IMG-20200123-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200123-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20200123-WA0005.jpg

@LA3222 perfect timing. I was wondering how long it would take to unload as I can't get an artic to reverse into my access as the gate isn't quite wide enough to get the turning circle. Now I know it's a 30 min job! Its only a B road.....everyone can wait. 

Much appreciated for all your tags in this stuff, it is all helping me out very much.