insulation quote

Simplysimon

have had quotes for cellulose, however, they are from a while ago and need updated. looked to see whether there were any other installers and came across BCA insulation. wrote an email to their contact address, it bounced back. phoned them this afternoon, 'a quote will be £75 but is refundable if we do the work'. i don't think so says i and hang up. business must be good!

13 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

anybody know if you can blow cellulose direct against the air tight membrane? Our walls are 300mm I joists with 15mm OSB on the outside and the air tight membrane on the inside.

Yes you can, it's how our roof is insulated. 

We have 22mm OSB sarking as the outer skin, and VCL membrane as the inner roof skin, with ~400mm of cellulose blown in between the two.  The cellulose was blown in by making cross cuts in the membrane that were a tight fit around the pump hose (which is roughly 75mm in diameter, I think) and then when the void was full the cross cuts were just taped over with Siga tape patches.  Seems OK, but because of the weight of the cellulose I'd be inclined to use a pretty strong VCL.  Ours is Isover KM Duplex UV, which seems to be pretty tough stuff.

4 hours ago, JSHarris said:

We have 22mm OSB sarking as the outer skin, and VCL membrane as the inner roof skin, with ~400mm of cellulose blown in between the two.  The cellulose was blown in by making cross cuts in the membrane that were a tight fit around the pump hose (which is roughly 75mm in diameter, I think) and then when the void was full the cross cuts were just taped over with Siga tape patches.  Seems OK, but because of the weight of the cellulose I'd be inclined to use a pretty strong VCL.  Ours is Isover KM Duplex UV, which seems to be pretty tough stuff.

Thanks Jeremy. That is good to know. We are not sure we are going for Warmcell quite yet but knowing we need take no special measures is a comfort!