Hep2o fittings

Pete

58 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just a query really, why is there a Hep2o fitting 15mm to 3/4" female thread and not a 15mm to 3/4" male thread?

Very rare you would need that - more likely to go 22mm 3/4” and use a 22/15 reducer. 

I found this issue to when doing my shower valve. So i used 15mm to 3/4 male brass compression fittings which I attached to 15mm hep2o spigot elbows. Make sure you use copper olives when attaching to the spigots and a bit of ptfe tape as shown in the hep2o manual. 

IMG_20190421_112519.thumb.jpg.e027bbc03a92402ee5cec0e04136a659.jpg

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

I’d do that slightly different and use a brass male/male 3/4 hex nipple then use the Hep2O female fitting. They are pennies to buy. 

Looking back at it....that would have been a good alternative....But i liked the possible option of doing it all in copper pipe. 

I don't understand why they still use 3/4" fittings on the valves. Im pretty sure the plumbers rule of thumb is "never use a compression somewhere you cant access it" and here it is with 6 in the wall. Although I've seen that Aqulisa now do entire valves and shower connectors that accept 15mm plastic straight in. No brass wear at all.