oranjeboom

Sunamp UniQ HW+i experience? Charge via ASHP?

12 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

I am a great lover of solar thermal  and spent many many hours and days trying to devise a system to provide all the heat for  a modern  house 

Your post covers two separate issues: 1) interseasonal (or nearly so) storage for space heating and 2) use of solar thermal for DHW pre-heat. Only the second is on topic for this thread so I'll address that.

14 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

there are very few days  ALL YEAR ROUND when you cannot get 30c-40c+ if pump speed is controlled  correctly for panel area

Exactly. That's ideal for pre-heating DHW to then be topped up to the temperature it'll actually be used at by a SunAmp or whatever so a large buffer tank is not required, just one to cover a day or two's usage which won't be much different from a normal domestic DHW tank.

3 minutes ago, Ed Davies said:

Exactly. That's ideal for pre-heating DHW to then be topped up to the temperature it'll actually be used at by a SunAmp or whatever so a large buffer tank is not required, just one to cover a day or two's usage which won't be much different from a normal domestic DHW tank.

of course that depends how may panels or tubes -

but my 40 tube system on a sunny day would take my 300 litre tank form 30c at first light  up to 70-80c by lunch time --

so i would  not underestimate the size of tank you need 

and why not let it heat your UFH ,  dhw  or sunamp if it has the output any way ?

@scottishjohn, absolutely. Using solar thermal for DHW pre-heat and also for space heating is my plan but not using the same tank for the two jobs. However, this thread is about using an ASHP with a Sunamp - my post you were originally responding to was about using the ASHP to preheat the water going into the Sunamp. I just mentioned my intention to use solar thermal in a similar way. Let's not derail the main discussion - start a separate one if you want to.

1 minute ago, Ed Davies said:

@scottishjohn, absolutely. Using solar thermal for DHW pre-heat and also for space heating is my plan but not using the same tank for the two jobs. However, this thread is about using an ASHP with a Sunamp - my post you were originally responding to was about using the ASHP to preheat the water going into the Sunamp. I just mentioned my intention to use solar thermal in a similar way. Let's not derail the main discussion - start a separate one if you want to.

no problem  

will eave it as is