Can you adjust this pressure reducing valve

MarkyP

Any advice on this valve would be appreciated. I do the odd of bit of plumbing DIY but our kitchen fitters used a plumber and a  pressure reducing valve was fitted, I think to meet requirements of our Quooker hot tap for a 2 - 3 bar supply. However, the cold water from the  Quooker mixer tap is down to a dribble. It was always a bit low from installation but plumber assured us it was fine, but since then it's gradually slowed to a trickle. We did have a mains leak in the village last winter and when that was fixed it seemed that our pressure to the house fell quite a bit, it's still fine in the other rooms without valves, still good strong pressure in showers and various other cold taps in the house.

Are these valves adjustable? Can they suffer with limescale (hard water here)? In the pic below there is a hard plastic nut/cover to visible side and I can feel a metal nut of some kind on the other side. But have resisted the temptation to start fiddling so far! Any tips? 

20190902_212458.jpg

should that plastic cover come off? Have given it a bit of a twist just now but it didn't want to budge and being plastic I didn't want to try too hard. The hole isn't very large, I managed to get a small flat head in there but didn't find a screw head.

I've already had a look from my wife which says this is going to end in tears. 

I think they are serviceable as in they maybe have mesh filters that can be cleaned?

Only saying this as I fitted one and over time the mains water pressure has lessened. Pretty sure they work better if fitted on horizontal pipework...I didn't! 

Need to service this but not a fan of working behind cramped WCs around which kids have been missing thd pan!

2016-10-17_07-53-12