BT/Telephone Connections

Hey Guys and Gals,

I own a woodland building plot in South West Scotland and I'm now starting the development. I really want to get a phone line connected due to renting out this property to holiday makers and the need to tick this box!

The site is currently serviced by a private electric supply and water supply. There is service connection rights over the land for phone lines etc and the connection point is about 900m away.

What is the process for making a connection? Does BT allow you to lay your own private cabling and just perform the final connection at the connection point? Anybody have an idea on costs?

I'm installing 150m of private electric supply shortly and It makes sense to lay the telephone cable in the same trench and terminate it in the electric distribution hut which is next to the mast (where the red lines terminate). Then the remaining of the telephone cable can be laid along side the forest wall 700m or so down towards the farms access track where in close proximity there is a telephone mast. 

I have no idea how it works and I want to coordinate a connection plan with the other 8 plot owners, do we all need a cable each or could we all tap into a distribution supply which would be connected to in the electric hut?

Scotland.png