Internal edge beads agains window for wet plaster

gravelld

We've got a load of internal reveals to make good, meaning fill in the wet plaster between where the plaster has been cut and a newly installed window. This is generally about 20mm gap.

Do any edge beads exist for wet plaster to keep a nice straight line, avoid cracks between plaster and window, and not have the plaster on the window frame? Ideally I'd then put an acrylic sealant between bead and window.

All I can find are edge beads for plasterboard, e.g. https://www.amaroc.co.uk/collections/thin-coat-plaster-beads/products/locusrite-thin-coat-stop-beads-2-4m I think these are added on

Could I use https://www.wemico.com/pvc-window-frameseal-beads-dup which is normally for external render?

Edited by gravelld

Ha, this is exactly what I recommended on another thread. My plasterer said it was not needed but like @JSHarris we have suffered cracking due to window and wall expansion etc. I did it on my porch and conservatory and no cracking at all. I left a 2mm gap between thin stop bead and window frame and filled with non setting caulk. ?

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

You could use a thin coat stop bead 3mm back from the frame and then skim up to that, backfill the gap with decent sealant once you’ve tidied it all up. 

I can't quite picture this - to be clear here's what I have:

IMG_20190828_142816.jpg.855496465e1d9daa44b7f6d004dc8c1e.jpg

Does that work with your plan? Is the 20mm gap big enough to fit and fix the stop bead? Do you put a bed of plaster before the thin coat?