British weather

nod

Lots of outside work 

Do we put rendering on in last weeks 30 C 

Or this week in torrential rain 

10 o’clock and I feel ready for home 

We don’t seem to get anything in between 

D3473A5D-4484-405E-9E35-2E751DD7943E.jpeg

Yup.... I was working in the highlands above 1000m building mountain tracks, it would sometimes be a glorious day when you arrived at the bottom of the mountain  and then you would walk up into pish and spend the rest of the day wet..... when it was to cold / snowy to work high  I would go to the west coast and build stone walls all winter in the pishing rain.... this went on for two years ( I worked for 10 doing this sort of thing but this was two years of hell weather) and it nearly broke me. Booked a one way ticket to Australia for £150 and never came back for 10 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Yup.... I was working in the highlands above 1000m building mountain tracks, it would sometimes be a glorious day when you arrived at the bottom of the mountain  and then you would walk up into pish and spend the rest of the day wet..... when it was to cold / snowy to work high  I would go to the west coast and build stone walls all winter in the pishing rain.... this went on for two years ( I worked for 10 doing this sort of thing but this was two years of hell weather) and it nearly broke me. Booked a one way ticket to Australia for £150 and never came back for 10 years. 

Don’t tempt me 

I feel your pain. I'm nearly 1500ft above sea level and the August weather thus far has been even more unpredictable and variable than usual whilst trying to lay 170 m2 of patio and related hard landscaping :( 

I'm praying for some stable weather so I can get some seeding completed in late Sept early Oct. I bet it will either be too wet or too dry! 

1 hour ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Look on the bright side Gary. Use the down-time to plan your next house. ?

No down here been at it since 630

Rained every minute 

money section rubbed up Two small floors to tile INDOORS 

Away for 3pm 

Big gable tomorrow Fingers crossed for better weather 

51630769-B811-48B9-A028-CC506D9C7064.jpeg

33F6FBCC-19E9-4D7B-B13F-BCB695CD08AD.jpeg