ICF with a stone face

On 02/03/2020 at 19:29, Declan52 said:

What kind of stone is that?? Looks very similar to the Donegal quartzite that I used from mcmonagle.

Yes, that's the stone alright, I went for a 60/40 mix, yellow to gold.....It's easy to break the gold into smaller piece, loads of joints in it, but the grey is far harder to dress/shape!

On 03/03/2020 at 14:00, Adam2 said:
7 hours ago, magnethead said:

Yes, that's the stone alright, I went for a 60/40 mix, yellow to gold.....It's easy to break the gold into smaller piece, loads of joints in it, but the grey is far harder to dress/shape!

Would it be a crazy idea to get few pallets of that shipped to me in Gloucestershire, I think asking at quarries in the Cotswolds would just add a load of naughts to the price. Can you let me know roughly what you paid for it @magnethead

Here's the company https://www.mcmonaglestone.com/

Shipping heavy stuff always has a price tag with it, Diesel and all that, I got 5 tonne of tiles in from Poland, but I knew the truck driver and part of the 40foot was offloading in the UK so he popped over here as a favour.

I was being charged €145 for a bag of Gold and €165 for a bag of Grey, only €100 carriage :)  Worth contacting the reps here to see if they have done it before, but as I said the benefit of shipping heavy stuff falls off quickly with distance.

The Tile prices in Poland were 4 times cheaper for the exact same product compared to the Irish market, I also got all my Wetgoods, Gerberit/Roca , again at rock bottom prices compared to the Rip of prices we get here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnethead said:

Here's the company https://www.mcmonaglestone.com/

Shipping heavy stuff always has a price tag with it, Diesel and all that, I got 5 tonne of tiles in from Poland, but I knew the truck driver and part of the 40foot was offloading in the UK so he popped over here as a favour.

I was being charged €145 for a bag of Gold and €165 for a bag of Grey, only €100 carriage :)  Worth contacting the reps here to see if they have done it before, but as I said the benefit of shipping heavy stuff falls off quickly with distance.

The Tile prices in Poland were 4 times cheaper for the exact same product compared to the Irish market, I also got all my Wetgoods, Gerberit/Roca , again at rock bottom prices compared to the Rip of prices we get here. 

Who did you get all your wet goods from. Nosey aren’t I. ??

Haha no harm in a bit of Nosiness, I forgot to mention, we got all our white goods too and have yet to order all our Lights, but they'll be coming from Poland too. A Samsung 'American' style fridge was 2300 here, and the same model was 1100 in Poland, that was what got us looking into bringing everything in from there.
First crowd we looked at! Good prices and these guys have some kinda deal with DHL, so not a bad option if you want delivery.
https://www.123lazienka.pl

THe crowd we ended up buying from is (better prices)
www.sklepbaterie.pl

Edited by magnethead