Window pricing

Russell griffiths

We have looked at Rationel windows and have been pointed at one of their distribution partners, has anybody had quotes from more than one distributor, my pricing is far higher than I expected and wondered if I just had a bit of south east England mark up added. 

I have not been back to them yet to ask if any discounts are available as we are still waiting for another quote to come in from another company. 

Bit baffled TBH. 

I've recently had a quote from a distributor up here in Scotland, for comparison here are a few of the prices.

These are all Auraplus Triple Glazed Alucad

Type

Overall Size

Notes

Fixed Frame

1498 x 2098

£794

Guided Casement

598 x 898

£282

Guided Casement

898 x 998

£350

Fixed Frame

1298 x 2098

£712

Inline Patio 2 Pane - Part A

3213 x 2098

£2554

Fixed Frame - Part B

1608 x 2098

£825

Russell from my experience big firms seem to volunteer discounts! Ideal Combi 20% off until end of year! Another firm I'm workign with 20% and I'm in negotiations. Equally another may price to a tight margin at the start. Seems it is best to get prices in early and negotiate then let things settle and see who wants it most/who you like most/other factors etc 

Interesting.

I had a total of 6 quotes.  Rationel were the cheapest and the second best in terms of U value, only beaten on U value slightly by Internorm who were twice the price.

I did find the Rationel price was open to negotiation at least it was from ADW in cumbernauld.

13 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

It’s the pricing that is confusing me, had a quote from rationel that is higher than two quotes from far better quality window companies, you cannot really put them in the same league at all, yet rationel is the dearest. 

If you think it confuses you, imagine how it is for us as a “competitor”, sometimes I look at prices and ask how the **** are you selling at that price? Your given it away.

Other times it’s the exact opposite and I’m thinking “you’re taken the **** at that price”.

Edited by craig

30 minutes ago, craig said:

If you think it confuses you, imagine how it is for us as a “competitor”, sometimes I look at prices and ask how the **** are you selling at that price? Your given it away.

Other times it’s the exact opposite and I’m thinking “you’re taken the **** at that price”.

This used to happen in the franchised motor trade a lot.

What happens is that say, Vauxhall, gave you a quota that you had to sell, regardless of whether they could supply the cars or not.

So what would happen is that at the beginning of the period, there was little discount, at the end of the period, there were huge discounts.  Then it was made worse when there was over production and they forced more cars onto the dealers.  These were often sold well below cost.  The last 2 cars I bought were 'incentive' cars and got 20% of list.

So it may be worth Buildhub member getting together and asking for quotes at different times, see if the prices change.