Opening rooflight Opinion

Noelia

Hello everyone! I am new to the group and I wanted to say hello and ask you for your opinion. 

I am considering to change my rooflight at home, in the living room specifically. I have been checking the rooflights from Sunsquare, the pyramid multi pane (https://www.sunsquare.co.uk/skylights-and-rooflights/pyramid-multipane-roof-lanterns/) in particular because I am looking for an opening one. My question is... due that this is a opening rooflight and my roof has tiles (not too big)... is it possible to install this one in a roof with these characteristics or it needs to be flat? 

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Welcome.

12 minutes ago, Noelia said:

[...]

due that this is a opening rooflight and my roof has tiles (not too big) ...is it possible to install this one in a roof with these characteristics or it needs to be flat? 

[...]

A little more explanation please.

You already have a roof light, and you want to change it to a roof light with opening panes of glass. Right so far?

Explain how the tiles on your roof might affect the new roof light.

Thank you for your fast response. I am not at home at the moment but the roof tiles look like these ones you can see on the picture attached.  Yes, I got now a non opening rooflight, it is just like a rectangular window and I cannot even clean it from the outside. That's true that the roof is not flat. It is more like a hipped roof but the slope is not too steep. Yes, my idea is to change it for a roof light with opening panes or at least, if it is not possible for an opening one. Thank you for your help.

Finchingfield-2-600x450.jpeg

I do not know if anyone has numbers, but I would think you should be at perhaps 1k-2k for the window, and about the same again to fit it ... not the 3k+ that other one was going to cost just for the window.

All I am saying is take a long hard look at your costs and check here. once you know what you want, someone may have a recommended supplier at half the price you get. It is that variable.

For cleaning, accessibility matters ... I can clean most of mine from the inside, both surfaces. Choose carefully.

Plan B is that your window cleaner may charge 50p-£1 a time to clean the outside, and may have a wotsit to do the inside in his van.

F

Edited by Ferdinand