Emmeti \Pipe and Manifolds

wozza

Hi All,

A nice chap has been round to quote for UFH - he uses Emmeti Pipe and manifolds - are they any good? anyone used them or got experience of them?

The  pipe is Emmeti alpert PE-RT/AL/PE-RT

Also he said that he uses Heatmiser Thermostats - is there a particular one that I should request or avoid?

Also is there any reason why the pipes cannot be looped under the floor where the stone resin shower tray will be fitted.

Thanks, Wozza

Using their manifolds and pipe, 3 years in all is fine. I hve no experience with other brands.

I also use a heatmiser stat, but only to control the upstairs direct electric MVHR heater. Works OK, not intuitive and require a lot of button pressing to do anything.

What is your context for heating? If ASHP then I suggest you use the same brand controllers as likely you can control aspects like heating / cooling and proportional control through that rather than a more crude on and off type of control using an external stat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Emmeti are very good at brassware. I expect their pipe is actually just one of the standard ones rebadged. 

How many zones is he planning ..??

Thanks for your reply :)

Only 2 zones, but one is around 60 square meters (open plan kitchen living area) and the other is about 20 square meters (bedroom and en suite)

56 minutes ago, ragg987 said:

Using their manifolds and pipe, 3 years in all is fine. I hve no experience with other brands.

I also use a heatmiser stat, but only to control the upstairs direct electric MVHR heater. Works OK, not intuitive and require a lot of button pressing to do anything.

What is your context for heating? If ASHP then I suggest you use the same brand controllers as likely you can control aspects like heating / cooling and proportional control through that rather than a more crude on and off type of control using an external stat.

Thanks for your reply :)

Will  only be using for UFH and I believe that the wiring centre will also be Heatmiser.