Members' experiences of Timber frame and slab suppliers

TerryE

4 minutes ago, IanR said:

Censored?

I can't locate it either.

That was the conclusion I came too as well.  I would hope not, as this forum is a mine of useful information which I wish I had found two years ago and I certainly think that 'negative' feedback is useful to enable a balanced picture to be formed before making important decisions.  

6 minutes ago, Stones said:

The topic is currently hidden on the basis that it potentially breaches 6.5 and 6.7 of the BuildHub Terms and Conditions. 

Having just looked at those particular terms and conditions, I can only infer that something has been said by MBC to the admins of this forum to prompt such censorship.  When the post was originally made there was a lot of input from all and a willingness to accept that things don't always go right during the self build process and as such, the post was viewed as a positive counterbalance to the usual rose tinted positive reviews where things went well.

If MBC have 'prompted' this censorship, then for me that does not reflect well on them.

However, I may be wrong and misinterpreting what has happened:/

Edited by Jamie998

Can I ask that people give the Forum Management Group a bit of breathing space on this, please?

At the moment the review potentially breaches 6.5 and 6.7 of the forum terms and conditions is all we are able to release at the moment. 

I can say that, at this stage, there have been no suggestions, notifications or threats of legal action made by anyone, that we don't at this stage believe that it is likely that there will be any legal action by anyone and that open speculation on what may or may not be going on in confidence isn't helpful, I'm afraid.

On 23/02/2018 at 21:59, JSHarris said:

Can I ask that people give the Forum Management Group a bit of breathing space on this, please?

At the moment the review potentially breaches 6.5 and 6.7 of the forum terms and conditions is all we are able to release at the moment.

While I have only just seen some of the questioning posts on this topic, I agree with Jeremy's comment - I think we need to give the FMG a bit of space.  Personnaly I am happy to accept their decision and if a post has been removed, there must have been a good reason for it.  We all agree that this is one of the best forums on the web and I would hate to see this issue spoiling such a good thing.

Can we let it go, please.  :(

• Thanks 1