Visiting DIY Kitchens showroom in Pontefract. Any advice?

Dreadnaught

I will visit the DIY Kitchens showroom up in Pontefract next Friday. I will be stopping off on my way from my current home (Hampshire) on my way to my holiday in Scotland.

It will be first visit to their showroom and the first time seeing their full range of kitchens.

Given it may be only visit before I specify my kitchen for my forthcoming build, and, given how far away the showroom is from where I live down South, it may possibly be my only visit to the showroom, does anyone have any advice on how best to use the visit to best effect?

Edited by Dreadnaught
  • Like 1

you register when you arrive and are then free to go around yourself.  Staff are about and will offer some help & guidance.  They also have pc's running their design software so take dimensions with you.  You can pick up colour samples of both doors and cabinets.

• Thanks 1

Samples are huge - basically you buy a door that  is about 350x250mm for £5..!

Lots of free drinks and cake - can make it a 2-3 hour trip easily. 

Not the easiest place to find as the showroom is to the right hand side of the main factory. 

Take lots and lots of photos - some of the detail around the end cabinets and some of the infill stuff is very clever and it’s all done with standard components. 

• Thanks 1

My admittedly old sat nav told me I was there and the showroom was on the right.  It wasn't - it was a bit further along on a road down to the left.  My phone map got me there though so I suspect a newer sat nav will be fine.  I'm only 20 minutes away so I went about 4 times before I order but a couple were at weekends when they are very busy so it was easier to see someone to go through my plan during the week.

It's a great place.  I took my sister once and it nearly persuaded her she needed a new kitchen ---- she definitely doesn't but was so enthusiastic about it when she told a friend, in Bristol, that the kitchens were great and it wasn't worth paying 3 times as much for the one her friend was looking at.  The friend made the journey from Bristol to visit (adding in a weekend visit somewhere) and was equally impressed.  They now have one and love it.

• Thanks 1

I’ve had a DIY kitchen at my current house for 10 years now.  Really happy with it.  But some of the doors have a few knocks and dints on them now, but they no longer make our range.  Really wish I’d bought a couple of spare doors as most are the same size in our kitchen.

• Thanks 1