Bathroom starts !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 28/02/2020 at 13:08, AdamSee said:

Yes I can access it from the front by pulling off the panel. Previously I've plaster boarded the framework up. But you could easily cut through it to fix it. 

Just how inaccessible will yours be? I would guess that the worst case would be tiles on cement board in front of it. 

I always try to make things accessible, but in reality its not always possible. Second best option would be to be able to see it via a endoscope/camera. I've yet to have a leak from a hep2o, I would be more worried about having a brass connector in there. 

This is my shower setup. consisting of several compression fittings on to hep2o pipe and 4no. 3/4" to 1/2" bsp reducers.  This is 100% inaccessible or visible. I do wonder a lot of the time as to whether its dripping away behind there or something. All I can do it try to take comfort in the fact that I left it pressurised for 24h without a sign of leaking.

But at the end of the day, if it does leak, I have the ability to fix it and finally get rid of the bloody P-Bath. 

6480f283-5ab1-4519-b864-c79d0b4056d9.thumb.jpg.77d5d02590578fb126aca20a28153f43.jpg

Sweet looking bathroom pocster. Hopefully it remains leek free.

Funny story relating to my post about my shower build....it eventually leaked. Not from a fitting, but from the diverter valve. Getting the faceplate off was a pain in the ass due to vast quantity of silicone use. Tried dental floss, rubbish. Got it off using two wall paper scrapers in the end. Had to replace the diverter in the end, and resealed it using minimal silicone this time. 

Best of luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdamSee said:

Sweet looking bathroom pocster. Hopefully it remains leek free.

Well it’s been around 15 months - no leaks ( from the shower or bathroom ) . Regarding the face plate I didn’t put any silicone under the bottom part . Logic being I should be able to slip a razor blade under there and cut the silicone around the other 3 sides . How practical that is remains to be seen 🙄

Edited by pocster

• 8 months later...

Thread revival @Pocster, I'm looking to fit a recessed mirror/cabinet into my small downstairs shower.  Not too many results on the old google.  What did you fit?  Have you been happy with it, has it stood the test of time?  

On 14/01/2021 at 12:00, Pocster said:

Recessed bathroom mirror up - was a pita . Middle shelves don’t fit lol - assume I’ve been supplied the wrong ones .

8526BFEC-771C-455E-B4FD-9126B1F90529.jpeg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

Thread revival @Pocster, I'm looking to fit a recessed mirror/cabinet into my small downstairs shower.  Not too many results on the old google.  What did you fit?  Have you been happy with it, has it stood the test of time?  

Zero issues for me . It’s a big mirror but shallow ( which I needed ) . *just* squeezed it in a single stud wall . Has a shaver socket in it so plugged an Alexa flex in it . So I can shout and swear at it rather than SWMBO . Looks identical to when I installed it 👍

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

We have recessed mirror cabinets (although yet to fit them). Not sure where they came from as the better half bought them. I’ll try and find out and let you know. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

you mean shower room, not shower tray area?

🤣 Yes, it's been a long long week.  Thought I was climbing the ladder and making progress, about to tick off one room, only to discover this wonderous idea of a recessed cabinet.  Down the snake back to square number 3!!

2 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

this is what we got for the kids bathrooms.

https://www.qssupplies.co.uk/bathroom-furniture-shower-taps/168379.htm

wanted recessed so as to give more a sense of space as they're not huge en-suites. not cheap though. 

here's a photo of the bathroom with the hole ready for the cabinet to be fitted once the room was tiled and painted.

image.thumb.jpeg.ea31b3a3f289fce9a05ca2af19f7c26f.jpeg

• Thanks 1