Bathroom starts !

I’m not sure if I’m looking at this funny, but what is that long telescopic bit between the waste and trap. 

(expletive deleted) that off in the bin

fit the trap up tight

chuck that nasty compression fitting that is in the wall in the same place you threw the trap

join the new trap to the wall with a couple of solvent weld bends. 

Baboom job done. 

1 minute ago, Russell griffiths said:

I’m not sure if I’m looking at this funny, but what is that long telescopic bit between the waste and trap. 

(expletive deleted) that off in the bin

fit the trap up tight

chuck that nasty compression fitting that is in the wall in the same place you threw the trap

join the new trap to the wall with a couple of solvent weld bends. 

Baboom job done. 

I did a poo poo . The waste outlet on the wall is 40mm so I need a compression reducer to get it to 32mm . Prefer compression at this point as it’s all accessible . Once i solvent weld anything off the 40mm I’m committed 

Thinking ( not on site ) 

If I put a solvent weld reducer in then a 90 degree tee . Length of vertical pipe - another 90 degree tee welded on the top .

Would allow the trap to be higher and avoid the drawer .
It might fit ....

2 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Told ya. 

Yeah - don’t count your chickens yet !

I was trying to do it all compression so it’s easy to change / fix later ...

Will get parts tomorrow and we will see .

Got to laugh at the amateurs - rip the wall apart / hack the cabinet - (expletive deleted)ing bodgers ! ? www.forum.buildbodge.org.uk 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

. I did like the telescopic one - makes life easier 

Yes, I like them as well but it looks like yours is fully extended because of the height of the pipe coming out of the wall ?

29 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Can you not get another 135’ bend on instead of that 90’ bend?, all in line then???.

Nah . Another 135 and they are too far out of alignment. I’m ‘bending’ the 40mm outlet pipe to the max as it is .

Edited by pocster

I'd remove the plastic U trim and get a bit of iron on grey trim. Heat it up and apply with a wallpaper seam roller. 

Actually.....I'd remove the plastic U trim. Clamp a sacrificial board to the drawer back. Drill a tad deeper with the appropriate sized Starrett. Refit the trim.

?

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I'd remove the plastic U trim and get a bit of iron on grey trim. Heat it up and apply with a wallpaper seam roller. 

Actually.....I'd remove the plastic U trim. Clamp a sacrificial board to the drawer back. Drill a tad deeper with the appropriate sized Starrett. Refit the trim.

?

Trim peeled off before I left for the day . Just a few mm ffs !!! 
When they design these cabinets I guess they really don’t think about getting the trap and pipework in - bloody idiots !!

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

When they design these cabinets I guess they really don’t think about getting the trap and pipework in

Perhaps they expect people to put the pipes in at the right height ??.

Think I’ll go and glue some pipes incorrectly. ????

Edited by joe90

4 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Perhaps they expect people to put the pipes in at the right height ??.

Think I’ll go and glue some pipes incorrectly. ????

Maybe . But allowing 1mm clearance for a compact bottle trap is a bit tight . Out of interest I went and looked at the bathroom vanity unit I’ve yet to install - think there will be much more space .