Bathroom starts !

9 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Yep, unless you bought a tap from Outer Mongolia. 

Do you mean flexi Hep2o off those supplied flexi fittings ( which I get ) or do you mean flexi Hep2o that go straight into the tap ? I.e replace the supplied fittings .

33 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Can't tell from the photo if the ends are like the supplied screw in ones. The supplied ones did have 2 washers I recall. Will get out the other taps tomorrow ( same brand ) and then I'll stick a photo up...

Need to take it all apart, open up the wall, modify the drain pipe so it comes out higher up the wall and re assemble.

It's "little" things like this that on another thread I said there is a LOT more to being a successful tradesman than knowing the regs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Need to take it all apart, open up the wall, modify the drain pipe so it comes out higher up the wall and re assemble.

It's "little" things like this that on another thread I said there is a LOT more to being a successful tradesman than knowing the regs.

No way - I’d have to bust tiles / ply etc. ???

Is there not a shallower trap I can use ??

20 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ordered ! Jtm plumbing don’t do this and said it would work . Their previous suggestion was hack the cabinet ?

Edited by pocster

52 minutes ago, pocster said:

Oh ffs !

Now the drawer won’t clear the trap !!

96F82861-75C7-4BEB-8B42-EC783CBD5C3B.jpeg

By how much? Can you lower the U shape cutout with an appropriate diameter Starrett (for a neat job) and retrim it? Guessing not...or:knock up a dead neat 3 sided piece in melamine, screw from the back of the drawer. 

7 minutes ago, Onoff said:

By how much? Can you lower the U shape cutout with an appropriate diameter Starrett (for a neat job) and retrim it? Guessing not...or:knock up a dead neat 3 sided piece in melamine, screw from the back of the drawer. 

Yeah I could do all that but you know ! At the moment it’s a choice of lesser of evils ! I always prefer more than 1 option ...

Whilst I wait / ponder over the basin trap decided to look at the geberit pan . Hmmmmm - confusion !! ( not my day today ) . Can’t see how you tighten those bolts with the supplied Allen key - must be mis understanding something !! 

0E927D56-F426-4BF1-A592-3942F6467697.jpeg

260E883A-779A-497E-AD7C-72968FDDCE64.jpeg

6E7F54E4-D2E8-4D6C-AB74-F8089958DD13.jpeg

Just now, Onoff said:

Skip to 3m50s:

Yeah I watched that exact video 

I’m obviously having a (expletive deleted)ing thick as sh*t day ( blame being a LL for that ) - I just can’t see what the Allen key connects into ( no hex receiver ) to tighten it 

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah I watched that exact video 

I’m obviously having a (expletive deleted)ing thick as sh*t day ( blame being a LL for that ) - I just can’t see what the Allen key connects into ( no hex receiver ) to tighten it 

Isn't there a big plastic assembly in the back of the pan? The screw on bullets go into that...