Bathroom starts !

20 hours ago, Gav_P said:

I used clear silicone for the shower door frame. One thing I have noticed is that some water can get behind the nice bead of silicone and gets trapped there, then after time turns green (algae I guess) which is annoying as you can’t get at it. So at some stage I will be dismantling the whole structure and re-sealing it. 

So the lesson is, make sure there is no opportunity for water ingress anywhere. 

I may has misunderstood what you're talking about here, but I remember the installation instructions for our shower door frame emphasising the importance of only siliconing one side of the structure (the outside), presumably to allow any water that can get in to get out again. (Annoying when given dire warnings in instructions there is no explanation why)

18 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

I may has misunderstood what you're talking about here, but I remember the installation instructions for our shower door frame emphasising the importance of only siliconing one side of the structure (the outside), presumably to allow any water that can get in to get out again. (Annoying when given dire warnings in instructions there is no explanation why)

Yes. I understand you only silicone on the outside. But I *thought* you ct1 the frame to the wall/tray. But no silicone on the inside. I really wish Uncle Nick would finish upstairs ; he is very noisy .... No good asking @Onoff as he had no shower door!

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yes. I understand you only silicone on the outside. But I *thought* you ct1 the frame to the wall/tray. But no silicone on the inside.

Ah, I see what you mean. Ours was just screwed in place but then it was just a bog standard shower screen above a bath so was only hanging on the wall. You luxury bathroom outfitters may well have more complex setups and fixing requirements than this!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yes. I understand you only silicone on the outside. But I *thought* you ct1 the frame to the wall/tray. But no silicone on the inside. I really wish Uncle Nick would finish upstairs ; he is very noisy .... No good asking @Onoff as he had no shower door!

F***wit! Use the search function on here!

(4001 ?)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

F***wit! Use the search function on here!

(4001 ?)

Well excuse me ! I knew I read it somewhere and did I not say exactly as @Nickfromwales said ?

So I was right ! . 
@Onoff I have a proper solution to those (expletive deleted)ing rips - don’t retile just build a suspended ceiling . Oh , next time try measuring tile height against floor / ceiling height . Silly (expletive deleted)ing useless (expletive deleted) wipe shit ass seamen stain ???

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Ah, I see what you mean. Ours was just screwed in place but then it was just a bog standard shower screen above a bath so was only hanging on the wall. You luxury bathroom outfitters may well have more complex setups and fixing requirements than this!

Thank you for suggesting 

a ) it’s a luxury bathroom

b ) I am a outfitter 

c ) it is complex 

d ) for wasting time reading this thread 

You are a true man amongst men ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

Thank you for suggesting 

a ) it’s a luxury bathroom

b ) I am a outfitter 

c ) it is complex 

d ) for wasting time reading this thread 

You are a true man amongst men ???

Ooh get her! You're not you when you're hungry!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Ooh get her! You're not you when you're hungry!

? miserable (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) wanky twat penis knob prick dick knob (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) sperm tomato shit wank twat ?

I take my cap off to Pocster...He did a crap job of his soil pipe (and took some stick for it) and he is willing to tile, and put pictures up ! Anybody that wants to do there own tiling gets a hugh thumbs up in my book. I would rather be stripped naked, tied to a chair, and have hot candle wax dripped on my bits. However, i suspect that Pocster might actually enjoy that, so perhaps the pain of tiling is something that he gets pleasure from ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

I take my cap off to Pocster...He did a crap job of his soil pipe (and took some stick for it) and he is willing to tile, and put pictures up ! Anybody that wants to do there own tiling gets a hugh thumbs up in my book. I would rather be stripped naked, tied to a chair, and have hot candle wax dripped on my bits. However, i suspect that Pocster might actually enjoy that, so perhaps the pain of tiling is something that he gets pleasure from ?

My tessies are large ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1