Bathroom starts !

Ok so I would bypass the issues and bin it now. 

It’s average, and I only used it once (like the Everbuild version of CT1 that Howdens stock) and 2/3rd of a tube went in the bin. It’s far too sticky to be a sealant, and it doesn’t smooth well. You will need lots of wipes and Multisolve to get it to look anything like half decent. 

Oh... and I paid £8... 

If you need sealants then use Sealants Online as they are pretty much best price if you’re ordering a lot. 

https://www.sealantsonline.co.uk/product.php?product=GEO4321&category=000200210019

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ok so I would bypass the issues and bin it now. 

It’s average, and I only used it once (like the Everbuild version of CT1 that Howdens stock) and 2/3rd of a tube went in the bin. It’s far too sticky to be a sealant, and it doesn’t smooth well. You will need lots of wipes and Multisolve to get it to look anything like half decent. 

Oh... and I paid £8... 

If you need sealants then use Sealants Online as they are pretty much best price if you’re ordering a lot. 

https://www.sealantsonline.co.uk/product.php?product=GEO4321&category=000200210019

Sure ! Lots of stuff I order in advance online . This I needed for tomorrow 

Got my dremel !

Manage to cut out those broken steel pins 

Decided to try and polish excess adhesive off tiles . Not only do I need a child to change the fittings but I guess I must be asking too much as I wear each one out in about 1 minute ?

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Got my dremel !

Manage to cut out those broken steel pins 

Decided to try and polish excess adhesive off tiles . Not only do I need a child to change the fittings but I guess I must be asking too much as I wear each one out in about 1 minute ?

???????

I mean I wear each dremel fixing out in 1 minute ??

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Looks a bit cleaner than earlier.  The pocket door looks promising (and expensive).

Yes - there’s much less mess . Also after A few hours I go round with a wet brush and try and gently remove any left over adhesive . Next day it’s ‘polishing’ with the dremel ... ?

Pocket door expensive and a pita ! 

Edited by pocster

Don’t know if it’s correct, but that’s exactly how I did mine. 

I used clear silicone for the shower door frame. One thing I have noticed is that some water can get behind the nice bead of silicone and gets trapped there, then after time turns green (algae I guess) which is annoying as you can’t get at it. So at some stage I will be dismantling the whole structure and re-sealing it. 

So the lesson is, make sure there is no opportunity for water ingress anywhere. 

Edited by Gav_P

3 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Don’t know if it’s correct, but that’s exactly how I did mine. 

I used clear silicone for the shower door frame. One thing I have noticed is that some water can get behind the nice bead of silicone and gets trapped there, then after time turns green (algae I guess) which is annoying as you can’t get at it. So at some stage I will be dismantling the whole structure and re-sealing it. 

So the lesson is, make sure there is no opportunity for water ingress anywhere. 

I thought you did ct1 as I said and no Mastik inside the shower I.e from frame to tray and wall .  So no bead of silicone in the cubical . Obviously I could also be wrong ! ??

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

I thought you did ct1 as I said and no Mastik inside the shower I.e from frame to tray and wall .  So no bead of silicone in the cubical . Obviously I could also be wrong ! ??

Sorry, no I meant I used silicone not ct1... I didn’t know about it before, but now I do I’ll use it when I refit the shower frame. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Sorry, no I meant I used silicone not ct1... I didn’t know about it before, but now I do I’ll use it when I refit the shower frame. 

Crumbs ! Hold on ! Let someone confirm I’m right first . Christ ! People think I know what I’m on about !!! ????

• Haha 1

Don’t like the trim stuff .

Awkward to cut dead straight . My previous limited experience of tiling was that the trim had a lip that cover the tiles edge , presumably to hide cut .

Thought first about fitting the trim then the tiles . Realised that isn’t going to work ! . So tiles then trim . Assume on the gap between tile and trim I just ct1 the cack out of it .

Uncle Nick can you come downstairs now please .

12029C8F-9714-4E18-BFB7-91080B2CB949.jpeg

48944C54-F07C-4FCC-9317-1D2726FC9D6F.jpeg

710EDBB0-0225-4E98-B737-4B9B3148801D.jpeg

674991A3-4191-4927-BD36-7BB11BA79747.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Lol ! As soon as I read that look what I found ! 

I’ll loosely fit the trim - if it looks good I’ll bed it in ct1 ( any colour ! ) . Once gone off I’ll go round the edges of trim to tile with the silver .... 

DFADBC23-AF43-4527-8948-C22DBF23CBFC.jpeg

33 minutes ago, pocster said:

12029C8F-9714-4E18-BFB7-91080B2CB949.jpeg

That'd annoy me, the grout line not being central! ?

Nick told me to mitre bond the trim on. Maybe if you're a dab hand but I couldn't get on with it. Ripped it off and stuck new trim on with CT1. I used clear but wished BT1 had been about back then and I'd have used white.

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

That'd annoy me, the grout line not being central! ?

Nick told me to mitre bond the trim on. Maybe if you're a dab hand but I couldn't get on with it. Ripped it off and stuck new trim on with CT1. I used clear but wished BT1 had been about back then and I'd have used white.

F off 

I measured the base tile there and was certain the grout line was central . Must of ‘moved’ magically overnight .... ? 

I will live with this anomaly- it shows I am human and not a tiling machine . ?

When I spent a king’s ransom on tiles and stuff I told the guy I wanted zero mitring . Because I (expletive deleted)ing hate it .

These little square ends are nice . But they fit in either way round and wobble !!! . Even with a blob of ct1 they wobble - so need to be left to set . Ucking rubbish ! 

• Like 1

This was fun:

20190202_143632

Back tiles went on first:

2018-10-29_11-25-00

Then the bottom tile. My bottom tile is at a very slight angle.

20181110_144425

Then the top tile:

20181111_144705

Finally the sides:

20181111_172827

Yellow are 1mm packs.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1