Kitchen extractor fan

Cpd

So we have talked about bathroom extractor fans on the other thread but i am doing some internal insulation on the kitchen and when it’s done it will be a lot less draughty than before and I want to increase  the ventilation. The main issue is when people are cooking, it’s proven impossible to teach them to simmer and cook with lids on pans and other normal precautions to prevent excess steam etc..... so I need to ventilate more. The big problem is that the cooker / hob  is gas and therefore I can’t link the extractor fan to an electric switch on the cooker......  I really can’t afford to buy a new electric cooker and induction hob at the moment (just spent my spare cash on 600 trees.....)  I have a 100mm pipe installed through the wall above the back door that’s within a few meters of the cooker, electric is very close as well. So i am assuming it will be wall mounted or inline as the far side of the wall goes into a lean to shed that  is very well ventilated so no problem pumping the wet air into this area with an inline fan on the far side of the wall. I have been looking at various Vent-Axia wall mounted options but wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation? Humidistat would be the obvious choice but I have not had experience with this in a kitchen environment. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00802LCZM/?coliid=ISTVXZCLZQJU2&colid=1DXZJRROU3VT7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0080GLBNQ/?coliid=I9OXVLMVB0OFI&colid=1DXZJRROU3VT7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Ok more info if required, any recommendations? Thanks colin 

• 2 years later...

@Lesley72 I just put in some random vent axia extractor which does the job but is bloody noisy ! Drove the person nuts but it did sort out the problem, I now have the house back and have moved in and will be replacing it with a remote mounted inline fan. Still to decide on model. 

• Like 1