Kitchen Companies: Sigma3

We want to find good quality kitchen cupboards and units. We will source worktop and appliances seperately as I've got some good contacts re granite and quartz worktops from when I had my previous house.

Previously we had Wickes gloss which was fine but I found the cupboards (and pan draws especially) didn't particularly like the weight of the Le Creuset pans and generally the Blum hinges always needed tightening (think this was more to do with quality of the units as oppose to the units themselves).

I've read favourable things about DIY Kitchens. I've stumbled across a company called  https://www.sigma3.co.uk/our-showrooms which I think we're linked to County Kitchens. Has anyone heard of them? They have quite a few products we like the look of online.

5 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We want to find good quality kitchen cupboards and units. We will source worktop and appliances seperately as I've got some good contacts re granite and quartz worktops from when I had my previous house.

Previously we had Wickes gloss which was fine but I found the cupboards (and pan draws especially) didn't particularly like the weight of the Le Creuset pans and generally the Blum hinges always needed tightening (think this was more to do with quality of the units as oppose to the units themselves).

I've read favourable things about DIY Kitchens. I've stumbled across a company called  https://www.sigma3.co.uk/our-showrooms which I think we're linked to County Kitchens. Has anyone heard of them? They have quite a few products we like the look of online.

We called in Sigma at Freckleton 

Lancs

Kitchens looked good Salesman wasn’t over pushy

But cooled when I told him I would fit it myself 

regarding the quarts we had Most companies use Granite U.K. or a company in Southport They seem to have the market cornered 

we chose a Nolte kitchen 

and quarts from G U.K. 

The pan draws The salesmen’s party piece was standing in one and jumping up and down 

They are actually very strong 

My wife is an exspert on kitchens and appliances and worktops 

Or at least she should be She’s looked at enough of them 

10 minutes ago, nod said:

We called in Sigma at Freckleton 

Lancs

Kitchens looked good Salesman wasn’t over pushy

But cooled when I told him I would fit it myself 

regarding the quarts we had Most companies use Granite U.K. or a company in Southport They seem to have the market cornered 

we chose a Nolte kitchen 

and quarts from G U.K. 

The pan draws The salesmen’s party piece was standing in one and jumping up and down 

They are actually very strong 

My wife is an exspert on kitchens and appliances and worktops 

Or at least she should be She’s looked at enough of them 

I'll check out Nolte. Thanks!

Our builder will be fitting. From what I've read I don't believe Sigma have their own fitters and we would rather just use the joiner/builder on site. 

Actually no I used https://www.merchanthouseltd.co.uk/

It's a small company and at the time I paid over £500 less than anywhere else for my worktop and quartz fitting. That said I took an envelope of cash I'd been saving for and begged them to do it and I think they felt sorry for me in the end!

Sigma3 are a kitchen manufacturer.  They wont install.

Bouncing in a drawer is an old trick salesmen used to do. But it still they still do it.

Its very easy- A typical set of runners will have about 10 fixing points but only 3 are ever fixed. More are provided for flexibility. 'Watch the look in their eyes' drawers get screwed in through every available fixing into the carcase. Then the sales jumps in it for a few months after which the drawers eventually sag and are swapped for a new pair when no one is watching.

Most runners for wide pan drawers are rated at between 65-75 kg by the likes of Blum, Grass, Hettich, all large manufacturers. If they could take the impact loading of a 70kg bouncing salesman without problems they would rate them at 300kg. What you have seen is the equivalent of a 7.5 tonner loaded to 20 tonnes. It wont break but its  wont  last

• Thanks 1