Lead flashing into EPS

Has anyone found a neat way of holding lead flashing when placing into EPS? Ill have a render drip bead hanging over that will provide some support, but I wont fix through the lead. I suspect I'm probably looking at some grab adhesive or more low ex foam.

The majority that I render are simply pushed in place and the render bead does the rest 

I would stick them in place with stickall 

Then use basecoat  to stick a render bead over Just lapping10 mil onto the lead 

4 hours ago, willbish said:

Thanks @nod thought the render bead would probably do most of the work

@Russell griffiths yes ive' seen them, got a packet ready for the chimney lead work. I reckon banging them into EPS will just squash the foam and not create a good wedge but Ill give it a try.

You’re welcome 

It’s quote surprising how strong a rendered bead over lead is and nothing will get through

pictured below is a rush job on a roof we’re there is little holing the lead in place One the render has set its lifted up so that the rolled steel roof can be installed 

All done now No cracked render No where for the water to get in  

72495318-DA7E-42C9-8DC6-86653508A0AC.jpeg

0661C3BB-9C60-4E42-8C70-65A8E5F7CFA3.jpeg

Is it important to cut into the EPS at an angle above the stopbead? like below

I imagine this would be a pain if your stopbead is running up the wall at an angle, i'll be facing the same problem soon enough.

It looks like there is some fixing joining the stopbead back to the concrete/block

Stopbead.jpg?raw=1

Edited by magnethead

1 hour ago, magnethead said:

Is it important to cut into the EPS at an angle above the stopbead?

A slight angle probably make won't much difference or improvement to a level chase.

Imagine lead flashing going into a mortar joint between brick. That would be level and works just fine.

• 5 months later...

just to add my 2 cents, this is how I decided to go.

This flashing is coming down at an angle of 15degress. one mistake I made, was not covering the heads of the 150mm concrete screws with CT1/tec7 :( If water ever got behind the stop bead and travelled down the lead, It could get in behind the head of the screw...damn (I CT1/tec7 the lip on the lead to the foam all the way up)... I then sprayed in some Soundal foam filler to fill the gap (20mm x 20mm)

The stop bead was eventually put on, covering the lead by about 20mm

IMAG3710.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3715.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3716.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3719.jpg?raw=1

IMAG3810.jpg?raw=1